Windows 10: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC Linking your iPhone or Android phone to your PC lets you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by mikebilak, Mar 10, 2016.

1. mikebilak Win User

Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

How to: Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC

Linking your iPhone or Android phone to your PC lets you switch seamlessly between your phone and PC. Start a task on one of your devices and continue it on another.

You can text and see recent photos from your phone, right on your PC. Or if you're on your phone, send webpages straight to your PC.

You can get more apps on your phone to make it work even better with your PC.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to link your Android 7.0 (Nougat) or later phone to your Windows 10 PC with your Microsoft account.

What can you do after you have linked your phone and PC?

It depends on what kind of phone you have (Android or iPhone) and which apps you install on it. The more apps you install, the more cross-device experiences youll unlock. For the full experience, make sure that you sign in to each app with your Microsoft account. Microsoft is working hard to bring you more apps and experiences soon. Stay tuned!

*Arrow Android phone experiences

[table][tr]App What does it do? [/tr] [tr][td]How to Get Android Phone Notifications from Cortana on Windows 10 PC[/td] [/tr] [/table]

*Arrow iPhone experiences

[table][tr]App What does it do? [/tr] [tr][td]Microsoft Edge Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC [​IMG] [/td] [td]Lets you send an individual webpage from your phone to your PC, immediately or to read later. Also automatically syncs your web browser favorites, browser history, and reading list items between Microsoft Edge on your phone and your PC.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Continue on PC Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC [​IMG] [/td] [td]Lets you send a webpage from your phone to your PC, immediately or to read later. When you install and set up the app on your phone, a Continue on PC command is added to your phone’s Share menu.[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]Cortana Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC [​IMG] [/td] [td]Automatically syncs your Cortana notebook (your interests, reminders, etc.) between your phone and your PC so your personal assistant can continue to help you no matter which device you’re currently using.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Here's How:

1. On your Android phone, install the Your Phone Companion app from the Google Play Store, and open it when finished installing. (see screenshots below)

Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

2. On your Android phone, click/tap on Sign in with Microsoft. (see screenshot below)

3. On your Android phone, sign in to the Your Phone Companion app with the same Microsoft account you sign in to your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshots below)

4. If you turned on two-step verification for your Microsoft account, select how (ex: text) you want to get a verification code, enter the required information, and click/tap on Send code. (see screenshots below)

A) Enter the code sent from Microsoft, and click/tap on Verify. (see screenshot below)

5. On your Android phone, click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

6. On your Android phone, click/tap on Allow for all 4 permissions. (see screenshots below)

7. On your Android phone, click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

8. On your Android phone, click/tap on Allow. (see screenshot below)

9. On your Android phone, click/tap on Show me. (see screenshot below)

10. Swipe left on your Android phone screen to review what you need to do on your Windows 10 PC, and click/tap on Continue when ready to start. (see screenshots below)

11. You Android phone will now be waiting at Check your PC. (see screenshot below)

12. Sign in to your Windows 10 PC with the same Microsoft account your signed in to the Your Phone Companion app on your Android Phone, open Settings, and click/tap on the Phone icon.

13. On your Windows 10 PC, click/tap on the Add a phone button. (see screenshot below)

14. On your Windows 10 PC, select Android, and click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)

15. On your Windows 10 PC, click/tap on Continue. (see screenshot below)

16. You Windows 10 PC will now be waiting at Check your Phone. (see screenshot below)

17. On your Android phone, click/tap on Allow from the notification sent by the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshot below)

18. On your Android phone, click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)

19. Your Android phone is now linked to your Windows 10 PC. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

mikebilak, Mar 10, 2016
  2. Dude Win User
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  4. t_ski Win User

$.10 android apps

Not sure if anyone's seen this yet, but they have $.10 (yes, 10 cents) android apps on the Android Market to celebrate 10 BILLION downloads. So far I've picked up Tetris, Need for Speed Shift, SoundHound amd ADWLauncher EX. There were several other games that were listed, including ones too good for my phone *Frown Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC :(

t_ski, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Aera Rua Win User
    Link to Android Phone Problem

Hi,

Linking your device to your PC using any kind of connection should not be an issue. What we are seeing here is how Wi-Fi differ your connection when sending files. To better assist you with your concern, please answer the following questions:

• Are you transferring a file from your phone to your PC?
    • When you send something to your phone using Wi-Fi, is there a certain app that you are using?

To make sure that your phone is properly linked to your PC, you may check and follow the steps in this

article
    . There are also similar troubleshooting steps that you can follow in the article if you are getting an error message.

We’ll be looking forward for your responses.

Aera Rua, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Your Phone app now syncing notifications from Phone to Windows 10 PC Insider

UPDATE 4/26: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18885 (20H1) - April 26

#WindowsInsiders using the #YourPhone app, we got even more for you! We have just begin a staged roll-out of syncing notifications from your phone to PC!

Yes! Dismiss on your PC and it will be dismissed on your phone and viceversa.

Tip

Brink, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Link Android Phone

2. Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working: So I have been reading that you can Stream your Android phone’s audio to Windows using Microsoft Phone Link. I have Windows 10 and the latest Phone link installed 1.23112.79.0 and the Link for Windows on the Android device running UI 5.0. I do not see the App function in the...
  3. Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link audio from Android phone to pc not working: So I have been reading that you can Stream your Android phone’s audio to Windows using Microsoft Phone Link. I have Windows 10 and the latest Phone link installed 1.23112.79.0 and the Link for Windows on the Android device running UI 5.0. I do not see the App function in the...
  4. Phone Link is not updating contact pictures from phone to pc / Android / Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link is not updating contact pictures from phone to pc / Android / Windows 10 pc: When I've updated the contact picture for older contacts, the new contact picture isn't updating in Phone Link on my pc via. When I created new contacts, those have the new contact pic shown in Phone Link on my pc, but older contacts just keeps the old picture.• Android /...
  5. Linking Android Phone to my Windows PC

Linking Android Phone to my Windows PC: when I am trying to link my Samsung A73 smart phone to my Windows PC through www.aka.ms?phonelinkQRC it is asking me to login to my MICROSOFT account when I am trying to login I am getting this messageAADSTS50020: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***'...
  6. Linking Android Phone to my Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking Android Phone to my Windows PC: when I am trying to link my Samsung A73 smart phone to my Windows PC through www.aka.ms?phonelinkQRC it is asking me to login to my MICROSOFT account when I am trying to login I am getting this messageAADSTS50020: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***'...
  7. Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC: I am unable to link my Windows 10 PC with my Android phone Samsung J7, 2017 with Your Phone Companion. It worked for me in early December 2021 but I then had to uninstall. My reinstall less than one month later does not work. I can only access the files created during the...
  8. Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC

Cannot link Android Phone with Windows 10 PC: I am unable to link my Windows 10 PC with my Android phone Samsung J7, 2017 with Your Phone Companion. It worked for me in early December 2021 but I then had to uninstall. My reinstall less than one month later does not work. I can only access the files created during the...
  9. Link android phone to windows

Link android phone to windows: I'm trying to link my android phone to my windows pc but when I scan the QR code it says that something went wrong and that I need to sign in manually. When I do try to sign in manually it says login failed. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I also can't...
  10. link to android phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    link to android phone: After almost two hours of "tinkering" yesterday, I FINALLY managed to get my android phone connect to "your phone". Today, it doesn't work. Unless I get something positive and stable for this thing - I'm simply done with it. Why would it work one moment and not the...