Windows 10: Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Discus and support Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Unfortunately, it doesn't stay for too long. *Sad When I reboot to local account with internet access, after a while the device gets removed from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by guniu, Aug 3, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Oh crap - I never tried it for more than a couple of minutes.

Actually, I have just realised, there is a possibly a way round this ie link it to a separate MS account. I will see if I can do this some how.

Need to experiment.

cereberus, Aug 4, 2016
  2. xbliss Win User

How does a person responsible for Managing several machines & their Win 10 DEs (Home/ Family or SOHO/ SMB) link these DEs to a Single MS account?

Does MS allow..
    1 to 1 relation
    OR
    1 to Many to manage DEs? How would one do this?

- Do I link home/ family machines DEs to a Single personal account I manage? (Im the techie in family)

- Can I create a Single Office account to link/ manage all DEs? Save it for future use by office.

Dont MS Email IDs expire if not used for X no of days? What would happen to DE licenses then?

xbliss, Aug 10, 2016
  3. I have the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and i dont have the option to link my license to my account. Is this only avaliable on Pro versions of Win10? My current version is Win10 education

MCardona81, Aug 12, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello MCardona81, *Smile

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Aug 12, 2016
  5. This is what i get on step 2

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License [​IMG]

MCardona81, Aug 12, 2016
  6. I wonder the same thing , I have multiple pcs on my house, each one has his own windows 10 license

MCardona81, Aug 12, 2016
  7. xbliss Win User
    Brink - The tutorial needs more information *Smile Anyone try out MANY DEs to ONE MSA?

xbliss, Aug 12, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm not sure what other information can be added until there's anything new from Microsoft.

Brink, Aug 12, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    I have done a lot of testing with VMs and it seems you can only link one DL to one MSA. This is an issue if you have a dual boot pc eg with one dl for home and one for pro. The linked DL is the last installation made.

cereberus, Aug 12, 2016
  10. I'm having the same issue.

But I also have a device named "PC" in the device list now. It's just PC. I guess it appeared after the Anniversary update.

Before the update, I could see my computer on the MSA device list, even though I've been using local account. But now it appears only if I login to W10 using my Microsoft account. If I switch to local account, it disappears. But the "PC" stays there whether I use MSA or local acc.

So what's that "PC"? Any ideas?

It's also not cool that MS forcing people to use MS account to login their PCs. Activated devices were always in the device list even if you use local account before that so called update.

supertramp, Aug 13, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    Well I have shown in my testing, reverting to a local account does remove the link, and you have to remain on an MS account.

However, you can automatically login as guniu was asking by runnning netplwiz, unckeck box requring password, and entering password twice.

cereberus, Aug 13, 2016
  12. Do you have any idea what that "PC" in the device list can be?

supertramp, Aug 13, 2016
  13. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

I just find out this info , it may be of use :

"Once past those 36 hours you could log off the Microsoft account and return to my local account as always, and again with the local account will continue to indicate the system is activated with the digital license tied to Microsoft account."

It is in spanish , but it's worth a read.

Source : http://answers.microsoft.com/es-es/w...b-0ecf1228d408

MCardona81, Aug 13, 2016
  14. Hmm, worth trying. I'll just make it 2 days and then going to switch back to local account. I'll let you guys know what happens.

supertramp, Aug 13, 2016
  15. cereberus Win User
    Could be an old install, an install from another pc, a failed attempt, may not even be activated etc.

cereberus, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License - Similar Threads - Link Microsoft Account

2. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  3. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account: We recently ran into an issue in which a hardware change was made on one of our machines that resulted in Windows 10, which was activated via digital license, became in-activated. After much searching and online forum education, as well as a few support calls to Microsoft, we...
  4. Linking a Windows 10 Digital License to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Digital License linked to your Microsoft account

Digital License linked to your Microsoft account: A friend of mine wanted me to format her laptop and reinstall windows. Her version of windows is not activated. So I am planning to use my micosoft account and it is linked to my windows license. But the problem is that I don't want my microsoft account to be on her computer...
  6. Digital license linked to Microsoft account

Digital license linked to Microsoft account: I was using windows 10 home with digital license linked to my Microsoft account it was a retail license. I upgraded my system to windows 10 pro using retail license key. Which was linked to the same Microsoft account as Digital License. I want to know if I can choose which...
  7. Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License

Unable to link Microsoft Account with Digital License: Hi there. I am due to replace my motherboard on my laptop and I want to prepare accordingly. Advice on from Microsoft suggests that I link my Microsoft Account to my Digital License but I am unable to do so. I currently use a local account. I have been into "Settings ->...
  8. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  9. Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Link Windows 10 Education digital license to Microsoft account: Hi, I'm trying to link my Windows 10 Education license to my Microsoft Account following this tutorial:...
  10. Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account

Reactivation of a digital license not linked to a Microsoft account: I've read conflicting information regarding this matter. Basically I'm thinking about taking the HDD of my laptop behind the barn and putting it down, slip an SSD on it's place and make a clean install. Thing is, I never linked a Microsoft Account to the installation, and I...