Windows 10: Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password

Discus and support Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello New to the forums and PCs in general. Bit of back info - built a PC a month ago. Have had a few set backs with drivers and BIOS update, but it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hansperdman, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password

Hello

New to the forums and PCs in general. Bit of back info - built a PC a month ago. Have had a few set backs with drivers and BIOS update, but it seems everything is stable for now.

I signed into my Xbox Live account about a week ago, which is linked to my hotmail/outlook account Ive had for ages. This automatically linked to my PC user account I have on this PC. I found out by rebooting, login screen shows my name as usual, but now underneath shows my email. It also changed my login password to my outlook password. Is this something to be concerned about? I can still login fine, but been nagging me because Ive never had a login password automatically switch on me before.

:)

hansperdman, Feb 14, 2016
  2. jimmyf50 Win User

Password login for PC

I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 and changed my outlook password which I thought would also change my laptop password as well. Prior to upgrade my laptop login had the same password as my outlook account. But now my laptop only opens if I use
    my old password and my outlook account is under my new password login. I want both under the new password. How can I fix this? Also when I press Cntrl Alt Del. There is no option to change my password so where is the change password option for my laptop now
    located?

Thank you.

jimmyf50, Feb 14, 2016
  3. bradyja Win User
    How to undo Microsoft login credentials on my PC

I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro on my Laptop and on my PC. My login credentials with the Laptop remained as they were before the Windows download. However, on my PC, instead of keeping the login I had prior to the Windows download, my login credentials
    were automatically changed to reflect the login for my Microsoft account. As a result, when I now create personal folders, new contacts and contact groups in Outlook on my Laptop ... this information is not reflected or updated in Outlook on my PC. And...
    I believe this is due to the 2 computers reflecting login credentials for 2 different types of accounts. I would like to cancel or undo the login credentials on my PC that are associated with the Microsoft account and create a regular username and password
    the is unrelated to the Microsoft account. Will someone please advise how this can be accomplished?

Thank you.

bradyja, Feb 14, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password

Hello Hansperdman, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like you switched your account that you sign in to Windows with to a Microsoft account when you setup and signed in to the Xbox app.

This is perfectly normal, and is nothing to worry about since your Microsoft account uses your email address password.

Brink, Feb 14, 2016
  5. Cool thanks! Will mark as solved.

hansperdman, Feb 14, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password

1. Linked my PC to outlook account and now login is a new password - Similar Threads - Linked outlook account

2. I tried login outlook account it is still not working my password,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried login outlook account it is still not working my password,: I tried login outlook account it is still not working my password, I have remembered my password. Pls help! Is it temporarily or permanent blocked?...
  3. I tried login outlook account it is still not working my password,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I tried login outlook account it is still not working my password,: I tried login outlook account it is still not working my password, I have remembered my password. Pls help! Is it temporarily or permanent blocked?...
  4. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...: When responding to another question I inadvertently change my local account to Microsoft account. Now the login won't allow me in with the password I know is correct. So I used there forgot password selected email. Never got the email. Kept trying and it finally locked me out...
  5. Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...

Local acct login changed to Microsoft login. Gave it a new password. New password now...: When responding to another question I inadvertently change my local account to Microsoft account. Now the login won't allow me in with the password I know is correct. So I used there forgot password selected email. Never got the email. Kept trying and it finally locked me out...
  6. Unable to login to my 360 business account to link it to a brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login to my 360 business account to link it to a brand new PC: I have a brand new PC, not set up. In setting it up, it asks to enter your Microsoft Account email, I enter it and I get the error: "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."I can access my account on my personal pc and even reset the...
  7. Unable to login to my 360 business account to link it to a brand new PC

Unable to login to my 360 business account to link it to a brand new PC: I have a brand new PC, not set up. In setting it up, it asks to enter your Microsoft Account email, I enter it and I get the error: "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different account or get a new one."I can access my account on my personal pc and even reset the...
  8. Unable to login to my 360 business account to link it to a brand new PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Lost password on brand new Outlook account

Lost password on brand new Outlook account: I set up a new Outlook account a few days ago and apparently wrote down the wrong password that I set it up with. When I try to reset the password, it's asking me for things I can't provide since the account has yet to be used. Other passwords I've used on this account none...
  10. Outlook Account Linked To PC And Can't Remove.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Outlook Account Linked To PC And Can't Remove.: I logged into my outlook account on my PC later on I decided I didn't want it on there anymore but when I went to remove it there was no button to remove it....