Windows 10: Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10

Discus and support Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been trying to open the following link but it freezes after opening a new window. Can any one help? DepositFiles Thanks 20875 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dnrajud, Sep 2, 2015.

1. dnrajud Win User

Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10

I have been trying to open the following link but it freezes after opening a new window.
    Can any one help?
    DepositFiles
    Thanks

:)

dnrajud, Sep 2, 2015
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

URL link will not open

Hi Alec,

There could be a few possible reasons why you are experiencing this issue. We have here some troubleshooting questions that may help to look further into this:

• Are you opening emails using a browser or an application? If applicable, which version of Outlook are you using?
    • Are you encountering an error message? If so, kindly provide the full error message.
    • What is the build and version of your Windows 10?

You may refer to this support article to help you determine:
    What version of Outlook do I have?

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 2, 2015
  3. URL link will not open

Hi

I am trying to open links in emails and they no longer work. Please assist.

Alec

I am not technical

Moved from: Windows /

Windows 10
    /
    Windows settings
    /
    PC

Manwithwhitebeard, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10

1. Links not opening on clicking on URLs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Links opening clicking

2. URL links in Phone Link not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URL links in Phone Link not clickable: I would like to report that the problem in this post is still there and not yet fixed.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368dWhen a message has a link as in this photo, nothing happens...
  3. URL links in Phone Link not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URL links in Phone Link not clickable: I would like to report that the problem in this post is still there and not yet fixed.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/urls-in-phone-link-no-longer-clickable/620a6130-8e51-4d0c-bdfd-a13d6ba6368dWhen a message has a link as in this photo, nothing happens...
  4. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  5. Link to Windows Not Opening URLs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Link to Windows Not Opening URLs: I have the link set up and are receiving notifications on my PC. I recently had to switch to a new messaging/SMS app and everything worked. When I switched back, the notifications/texts on my PC when there are URL's do nothing. No link in the text messages on my PC work. I...
  6. Microsoft Family bypass URL restriction by clicking link in Teams

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family bypass URL restriction by clicking link in Teams: I am blocking YouTube.com through MS Family on my son's Windows 10 laptop, which he is using for remote learning. His class uses MS Teams and he accesses it through MS Edge browser. I have disabled all other browsers since Edge is the only browser that supports site blocking....
  7. Desktop links changed to .url

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop links changed to .url: Since yesterday a couple of links on my desktop changed into .url files. The icons are not showing and they do not function anymore. For example Portal 2 (steam game) now shows a white icon with the text Portal 2.url. It contains the following information (I changed the GUI...
  8. URL link pop-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL link pop-up: Has the URL link pop-up been addressed or is there a fix for it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-link-pop-up/3181b262-6723-4973-bb37-e56d13689321
  9. URL / Links in emails blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URL / Links in emails blocked: Hi all first post. Probably a daft question, but despite all, im struggling to find an answer. Bought this PC new some months ago and since i believe following an update at some time now any URL or links in emails are blocked from opening. - i dont remember this happening...
  10. Outlook 2016 opening URL links

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 opening URL links: Dear fellow members I hope you can help with an issue that I am facing at my work. I work in the IT department and all of the users are facing an annoying issue within the office applications specifically Outlook 2016. Whenever someone receives a mail with a URL link...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. URLs are p[emomg a dofferemt doc than the one I am clicking on