Windows 10: Links not working in any mail client.

Discus and support Links not working in any mail client. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I tried in MS mail and outlook to click on links and none of them go to any browser that I use, (Edge, FireFox or Chrome. The links are there the way... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dakota37, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Dakota37 Win User

Links not working in any mail client.

I tried in MS mail and outlook to click on links and none of them go to any browser that I use, (Edge, FireFox or Chrome. The links are there the way they should show but no action when I click on them.

:)

Dakota37, Jan 5, 2016

2. Windows Live Mail

Although the WLM 2012 mail client generally works OK following my upgrade to Windows 10, whenever I try to open a link inside an e mail I get an error message "The specified procedure can not be found".

It seems that I have to transcribe a link into the Edge browser address bar.

Any ideas?

RonMcKinlay, Jan 5, 2016
  3. E61 - no links in email?

I can't click on any links that are sent in email.... I can't actually see any at all in the main mail client and in Mail for Exchange, they are not live.

Is this is bug or some limitation by design?

atmasphere, Jan 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this is relatively common. Using Settings to associate hyper text transfer protocol doesn't seem to work.
    Go to
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations
    and set the association for http manually.

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  5. Dakota37 Win User
    I don't find the settings you say in windows 10

Dakota37, Jan 6, 2016
  6. Word Man Win User
    in Control Panel starting screen, pop open the drop down at upper right that says "View by:" and then select either large or Small Icons. Then you'll see the selection dalchina directed you to. You can choose one of the top two of the four listed settings methods, whichever works best in your case.

Word Man, Jan 6, 2016
  7. Dakota37 Win User
    I guess I am not that familiar with win10 as yet because I don't see what you are talking about. I assume you want me to go to settings and there is nothing in the upper right corner except minimize, maximize and exit.

Dakota37, Jan 6, 2016
  8. Rose W Win User

Right click on the taskbar start button to get a pop out menu.
    Choose and click on Control Panel
    The control panel items box will pop up with titles in alphabetical order
    Choose and click on Default Programs
    In the listed choices, select the second choice

Links not working in any mail client. [​IMG]

Browse down through the list to PROTOCALS
    You are checking to see the internet browser that is associated with a link. If it is not the expected or there is nothing there then use the Change Program button to get the browser of choice

Links not working in any mail client. [​IMG]

If the expected browser is listed but your email links are still not connecting then its some other troubleshooting path to investigate

Rose W, Jan 6, 2016
  9. Dakota37 Win User
    Thanks, getting too old for this stuff.

Dakota37, Jan 6, 2016
  10. Word Man Win User
    Hope you're not giving up on this. The key piece left out from beginning I guess was how you get Control Panel instead of Settings.

As Rose posted, right click on that Windows flag in lower left corner of Windows desktop and you will get a pop-up menu from which you can select "Control Panel". Let us know if you get stuck from there, following the rest of what Rose posted.

If you get to Control Panel and there are only Categories displayed instead of a whole slew of tiles with titles, then double check what I explained in post #4 above about switching how Control Panel is displayed for you.

Word Man, Jan 6, 2016
  11. Dakota37 Win User
    No, did not give up. Thanks for your concern. Did find it but went into settings first. Anyway all is good. Trying out MS Edge for a while also. Not sure I am going to like it. Have been a long time user of Fire Fox and some times Chrome. Never did like IE. Always have to try out new things, even food. LOL. Have a few other questions on what programs I should use for disc burning and what to use for playback but will go to proper section for that. Thanks again for all the quick help, all of you.

Dakota37, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Links not working in any mail client. - Similar Threads - Links working mail

2. Windows Mail links don't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Mail links don't work: A few days ago, Windows Mail links stopped working. The links themselves are fine and correct as I can copy a link and paste it in any browser and it resolves correctly. I tried a suggestion I had read earlier where I removed a mail account and re-added it, but that didn't...
  3. Mail client selection.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mail client selection.: Hi, I still use Word 2007 as it does everything I need, however when I want to "send" a document to someone, it always starts up Windows Live Mail, however I don't use that, I just use the "Mail" app in Win 10. I have looked at the registry under...
  4. Mail client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mail client: After windows10 update on 4 aug 2020 I am getting the following message on start up: Either their is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request. Please run outlook and set as default client. I went to outlook2019, file, general,...
  5. Windows 10 Mail Client not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail Client not Working: Dear All, I am currently having trouble syncing the inbox from my Gmail Account on my Mail App on Windows 10 device. I have tried all methods on YouTube and other support sites, troubleshooting and eve command prompt. Nothing works. The weird thing is that sent mail and...
  6. Problems with Mail Client

Problems with Mail Client: I have been using several email accounts via my windows 10 mail server without any issues. Today however I am unable to send emails from my hotmail account. I can type and send the emails but I get the following into my inbox. Delivery has failed to these recipients...
  7. eM Client working, Windows Mail not

in Browsers and Email
    eM Client working, Windows Mail not: I am setting up a new W10 computer. I have already installed eM Client (my preferred email client) and that is downloading emails without problem. However, I want to use another email client for an email address I like to keep separate. I used the quick set up in Windows Mail...
  8. Windows Mail Client

Windows Mail Client: I cannot successfully change my email password in Windows 10 to match that of my email platform provider. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/windows-mail-client/cdf27461-50da-4fc7-9188-943304bdacda
  9. Hyper links in Mail do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper links in Mail do not work: I am using Win 10 Evaluation 17723.1000 (windows insider) Since upgrading to this build I find that hyper links withing mail app (recommended for win 10 ) does not work keep getting message cant open this link I use Outlook 2016 then it works ok should I restore...
  10. Help i made mail client default open with when click on mail link

in Browsers and Email
    Help i made mail client default open with when click on mail link: Help how do i change this back as i inadvertently clicked the box that popped up and forgot to uncheck make default open with for all email links, now when i click on a link it opens mail on win ten, how to change that help appreciated please. 18408