Windows 10: Linux subsystem takes a long while to update

Discus and support Linux subsystem takes a long while to update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks not sure if it was because of the GUI things I installed on previous version of Windows but starting the UBUNTU subsystem I get "automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, May 7, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Linux subsystem takes a long while to update

Hi folks
    not sure if it was because of the GUI things I installed on previous version of Windows but starting the UBUNTU subsystem I get "automatic update of Linux subsystem " and it's been taking longer than my Windows 10 update to 1803.

SO I'd re-commend -- uninstall the Linux subsystem
    do your W10 update
    re-install W10 Linux subsystem
    re-install ubuntu desktop
    re-install GUI programs for Ubuntu desktop

This will probably be quicker than waiting for the standard built in update to finish !!!!

Linux subsystem takes a long while to update [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Linux subsystem takes a long while to update

1. Linux subsystem takes a long while to update - Similar Threads - Linux subsystem takes

2. Turn off Linux Subsystem Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Linux Subsystem Updates: I have unistalled linux subsystem and wsl preview from my pc and turned off Virtual platform and Linux subsystem from App featues in Settings. But I am still receiving updates for Linux subsystem. how to turn it off?...
  3. Windows Update Subsystem for linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Subsystem for linux: Help me please, i try to check for updates and the respon always like this. How to solve this problem & thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-subsystem-for-linux/09084b31-4a94-41ff-a867-890217e5e8fb
  4. Windows Update Subsystem for linux

Windows Update Subsystem for linux: Help me please, i try to check for updates and the respon always like this. How to solve this problem & thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-subsystem-for-linux/09084b31-4a94-41ff-a867-890217e5e8fb
  5. Windows Update Subsystem for linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  7. Windows Subsystem for Linux refuses to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux refuses to update: Whenever I come to see the Windows Console, I see a WSL update alongside other ones. When other updates are downloaded, they want me to restart the system. And this WSL update stays the same. > There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you...
  8. Windows Subsystem for Linux refuses to update

Windows Subsystem for Linux refuses to update: Whenever I come to see the Windows Console, I see a WSL update alongside other ones. When other updates are downloaded, they want me to restart the system. And this WSL update stays the same. > There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you...
  9. Windows Subsystem for Linux refuses to update

10. Linux Subsystem

Linux Subsystem: So i have downloald Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store i have turned on the developer options but the last thing i need to do is to turn on Linux Subsystem. I tried to turn it on from PowerShell by typing the followin command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wsl2 uninstall