Windows 10: (Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant

Discus and support (Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Unity mode (when it works) is really good Currently upgrading a W8.1 VM to W10 -- so snapshot is of existing VM before upgrade running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Nov 25, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

(Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant

Hi there

Unity mode (when it works) is really good

Currently upgrading a W8.1 VM to W10 -- so snapshot is of existing VM before upgrade running on Linux

The Integrated Unity mode makes it very simple for running any Windows program from your VM without leaving your Linux desktop - this is what XP mode SHOULD have been too. Here I can see all the programs acessible from my Linux desktop (you can create short cuts too) and also showing EXCEL running on the Linux desktop -- it's NATIVE EXCEL from the VM not WINE.

I hope this continues to work for W10 VM's. You need a LINUX HOST system to use this feature though.

(Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant [​IMG]

(Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Nov 25, 2014
  2. BulldogXX Win User

unable to load mono library. error = 126

Is that the complete error message you are seeing? I ran a web search on that error message (you can too) and found out that it has to do with the Unity game engine [Unity].

There's a similar question asked in their user forum
    here

Something installed on your computer uses the Unity game engine. That doesn't come from Microsoft. Ask about it in the Unity user forum.

BulldogXX, Nov 25, 2014
  3. Booklet 3G Linux platform

What would currently be the easiest way to install a modern Linux distribution on the Booklet? Is there any guide to installing Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity on it, or should one stick with an older version or yet another distribution? Anyone tried PixieLive,
    which is supposed to be aimed at netbooks with Intel GMA500?

Regards,

A

Anaesthisia, Nov 25, 2014
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

That's pretty neat. What is your bas Linux - Ubuntu ?

5. Kari Win User
    I think in screenshots is either OpenSUSE or CentOS?

6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

I'm about to try Workstation 11 and Windows 10. I'm using OPENSUSE so far. Screenshots from opensuse 13.1. Hav upgraded to opensuse 13.2 and will try installing and running the VM's

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. (Linux Users) Unity Mode is Brilliant - Similar Threads - Linux Users Unity

2. BSOD in Unity Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in Unity Games: Hello. I've big problem with Unity made games. Valheim, Tabletop, Cuphead, Slime Rancher... After 10-15min I get instantly blue screen. I attached my latest dump files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlIYuTa2Sz4shT-ReA9FqGtNqlgu?e=3hjsjm...
  3. Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Brilliant Free pdf reader on Linux VM's (okular): Hi folks those of you using Linux VM's -there's an excellent Free pdf reader (works better than using built in reader in Edge on Windows) called OKULAR. Installs on most Linux distros. [img] Cheers jimbo 159670
  4. VM's and some type of Unity Mode

VM's and some type of Unity Mode: Hi folks Is there anyway to have chosen applications on the GUEST as icons on the HOST so that if you wanted to run an application on the VM you wouldn't have to switch into the VM (can only be done of course if HOST and GUEST are on the same machine) to launch the...
  5. High Contrast Setting Brilliant

in Windows 10 Customization
    High Contrast Setting Brilliant: Just a tip to Windows 10 users . I only found this accidently . Go to Settings then Personalise Colours then with the Dark Theme also selected click on HIGH CONTRAST. It is absolutely Fantastic makes a World of a difference to the whole Layout and look of Windows is...
  6. VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode

in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation cannot enter Unity mode: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If when you are trying to open the Unity mode in VMware Workstation, you see this message, then this post will help you troubleshoot the issue: The virtual machine cannot enter Unity mode because: The guest operating system does not [...] This post VMware...
  7. Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1)

Build 10130 Linux Host - UNITY mode works (vmware wks rel 11.1): Hi there FINALLY !!! Unity mode is working with Windows 10 build 10130 and VMware workstation rel 11.1 latest build. Unity means that the VM can access menus from your HOST desktop without you switching to the VM itself. In a way rather like XPMode - but infinitely...
  8. W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware)

W10 in Unity mode doesn't work properly (vmware): Hi there Build 9879 doesn't work properly in Unity mode ---(VMware workstation 10.0.4 and 11.0) Not a mega issue but Unity mode is great if you want to concurrently test things without flipping back into the VM's full screen mode. Part of the windows desktop (in...
  9. Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts

Unity Mode Fix for W10 VMware VM's on Linux Hosts: Hi there This seems to work fine for Windows 10 VM's on some Linux Hosts. 1) Uninstall VMware tools on the VM - shut down but don't re-power on 2) uninstall open-vm-tools on your HOST machine - typically as root or sudo yum autoremove open-vm-tools or whatever it is in...
  10. HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??

HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??: Hi there I really love using the VM's in UNITY MODE - especially for Windows VM's from Linux boxes. Is there an equivalent type of facility in HYPER-V. (It's not a showstopper but Unity is a great feature). Cheers jimbo 2479