Windows 10: List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

Discus and support List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 How to List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 If you have installed printers on your Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

How to: List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

How to List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

If you have installed printers on your Windows 10 device, then you may want to see a list of all installed printer along with the printer details and properties.

This tutorial will show you how to see a list all installed printers and see their properties in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: See List of All Installed Printers in Settings
    • Option Two: See List of All Installed Printers in Control Panel
    • Option Three: See List of All Installed Printers in PowerShell
    • Option Four: See List of All Installed Printers in Command Prompt

OPTION ONE [/i] See List of All Installed Printers in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Devices icon.

2. Click/tap on Printers & scanners on the left side, and see a list of all Printers & scanners on the right side. (see screenshot below)

List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. To see the properties of a printer: (see screenshots below)
    A) Click/tap on a listed printer on the right side, and click/tap on the Manage button.

B) Click/tap on the Printer properties link.

OPTION TWO [/i] See List of All Installed Printers in Control Panel
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Devices and Printers icon.

2. Under Printers, you will see a list of all installed printers. (see screenshot below)

3. To see the properties of a printer, right click or press and hold on a listed printer, and click/tap on Printer properties. (see screenshots below)

OPTION THREE [/i] See List of All Installed Printers in PowerShel

*note To see more usage options for the Get-Printer command, see: Get-Printer | Microsoft Docs
    1. Open PowerShell.

2. Copy and paste the command below you want to use into PowerShell, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    (List only names of installed printers)
    *Arrow Get-Printer | Format-List Name

OR

(List installed printers with details)
    *Arrow Get-Printer | Format-List

OR

(List installed printers with details to text file on your desktop)
    *Arrow Get-Printer | Format-List | Out-File "$env:userprofile\Desktop\Printers.txt"

OPTION FOUR [/i] See List of All Installed Printers in Command Prompt
    1. Open a command prompt.

2. Copy and paste the command below you want to use into the command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
    (List installed printers in command prompt)
    *Arrow wmic printer list brief

OR

(List installed printers to text file on your desktop)
    *Arrow wmic printer list brief > "%userprofile%\Desktop\Printers.txt"

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 10, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Printer not printing after installing the device on the PC on Windows 10.

Hi Yitzchak,

I suggest you to uninstall and re-install the printer as a work around and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the printer:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the “Printer” device from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove its drivers from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

You may also uninstall any related software provided by the printer manufacturer from the computer from “Programs and Features”. For this, you may follow these steps:

• Press “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard and select “Programs and Features” from that list.

• Search for any software provided by the printer manufacturer in the program list and if available, you may select it and click on “Uninstall” to remove it from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Step 2: Install a Printer

Refer to the below link about: Install a printer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/install-printer#install-printer=windows-8

Hope this helps.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 27, 2019
  6. "No printers have been installed" after the HP Printers were installed with windows 10 approved drivers

Hi,

Thank

you for your reply. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this. I suggest you to try running Windows app troubleshooter and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try running Printer troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

This issue may arise due to printer’s driver incompatibility with Windows 10. I suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Right click on printer’s driver that you have downloaded from manufacturer website.
    • Click/tap on Properties.
    • Check the Run this program in Compatibility mode for under
      Compatibility tab
    • Select Windows 8.1/8 from the drop down under
      Compatibility mode section.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Install the drivers, restart PC and check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

List All Installed Printers in Windows 10

1. List All Installed Printers in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - List Installed Printers

2. All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.: When I go to the printers and scanners page and the other devices page Genie Media Servers, all printers are listed as "Not Connected". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-printers-are-listed-as-not-connected-on-the/c085c030-42a0-4b9b-92af-1eca60449a62
  3. All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.: When I go to the printers and scanners page and the other devices page Genie Media Servers, all printers are listed as "Not Connected". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-printers-are-listed-as-not-connected-on-the/c085c030-42a0-4b9b-92af-1eca60449a62
  4. How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to flush the list of Printer in the Printer list: How do i flush the printer list that comes up when selecting the printer to print too? I guess this is some sort of Cache? This problem is I have many old deleted printer that continue to com up in the list to print too. Deleting them from Printer and devices does not change...
  5. Installed Apps That Do Not Appear in the All Apps List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Installed Apps That Do Not Appear in the All Apps List in Windows 10: I run Windows 10 with Microsoft Programs. In order to install some Google apps and games, I installed the emulator, BlueStacks. The issue is that some apps/ games installed through BlueStacks appear on the Desktop and are pinned to Start, but do not appear in the All Apps...
  6. Printer doesn't appear anymore in the list of installed printers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer doesn't appear anymore in the list of installed printers.: Windows 10/64 Pro. This problem has come up about 3 to 4 months ago. In Settings/Printers & Scanners, I used to see both printers, my Epson pigment inks that I use for photography, and my HP dye inks which I use most of the time for general printing. But some time back, I set...
  7. multiple printers listed

multiple printers listed: Hi, how do I remove multiple listing of the same printer from windows 10? it only shows up on my Mail App and properties of the Printer. thankx. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. HP printer not showing in printer list

HP printer not showing in printer list: I have a new HP Envy x360 laptop and I just added an HP 5540 printer. This printer works fine with my other laptop The printer shows in my Printers and Scanners and shows as my default printer and the Test Page prints just fine. However when I try to print anything else the...
  9. How to list all the installed Printers on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 News
    How to list all the installed Printers on Windows 10 computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]You can install multiple printers on a Windows computer. Now when you have installed many Printer, you may want to list all the installed printers. Today we will show you how to carry out this task using different. methods. List [...] This post How to list...
  10. List of all printers and remote print servers on the domain

List of all printers and remote print servers on the domain: Hello Guys, I am trying to make a batch file to get the list of al local, mapped printers and remote print servers. I know for print management thing Powershell would be efficient but I am having Problem of getting the mapped and remote print server list. I tried...