Windows 10: List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

Discus and support List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JohnMann_889, Aug 1, 2018.

1. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

Here is my startup screen - as you can see it only allows the last user to Login. There is no way for any other users to login - they aren't listed and there isn't an option to login as another user. This used to work - I'm afraid I can't say exactly when it stopped - a few weeks ago I think - but I've not been able to find any way to fix it. I'm on the latest Windows 10 and my updates are up to date. I've tried

• adding another user,
    • running SFC /Scannow to Repair Windows System Files
    • looking at the event logs - couldn't see anything obvious
    • checking for malware

Also Ctrl-Atl-Del does nothing, and clicking the power button only offers shutdown, restart and sleep.

The only way to sign in as a different user is to sign in as the last user, then sign out, and then the other users appear.

List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing 79fda99e-6efe-44c5-8cbb-dcffd0276743?upload=true.jpg

:)

JohnMann_889, Aug 1, 2018

2. User accounts list not showing on startup

At least 1 of the users needs to have a password set up for a user list to be visible. I only have 2 users and if the user without the password is the last one on before shut down, then it goes right into that user automatically on startup but if the user
    with the password is the last one on then the list does show up.

Bruinfanjb, Aug 1, 2018
  3. MWR
    mwr Win User
    Startup user is not in user list

At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users. How do I stop that first user (non-user) from showing up at startup and, instead, startup with the desired user?

4. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

List of user names not showing at startup

I previously attempted to get some help with this issue but have not had any replies that actually fix the problem. I understand that when you boot the computer to the Start screen, on the left corner of the screen there should be the list of user accounts.
    What I am finding is that when I start the computer, it automatically logs in to the account for the last user that was on. For example, if I am using the computer and then shut it down then on the next startup it goes straight to my account without being
    able to select any other account. I have tried running netplwiz and unchecking then rechecking the box for users to enter a username and password but that doesn't make any difference.

I am assuming there is some glitch somewhere. Can anyone help fix this? I did receive the response below which did not fix the problem as well as my response to that post but have not heard anything since.

This is really kind of annoying since everything worked fine before I did the upgrade to Windows 10. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

This issue could be some change in system settings.

In order to help you better, please provide the information:

1. Are you login as Microsoft Account or Local Account?

2. Have you check the issue through other accounts?

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and install the latest Windows updates. Check if it helps.

1. Click on search bar next to Start Menu.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

I tried running Windows Update and it did not find any problems. I am logging in as a local account. I have 2 users set up to use this machine and the same thing happens regardless of which user is logged in at the time.

For example, if I am logged in as user A and then shut down the PC, when I restart it automatically logs in as user A without giving me a user list. If I am logged in as user B and then shut down the PC, when I restart it automatically logs in as user B
    without giving me a user list.

Bruinfanjb, Aug 1, 2018
Thema:

List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing

1. List of users not showing at startup *and* login as other user also not showing - Similar Threads - List users showing

2. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other users not showing in user section of login screen: When adding other users to the device, it does not show the users i added to the login screen. I tried restarting and all of that stuff. I cannot figure out why it will not show....
  3. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Other users not showing in user section of login screen: When adding other users to the device, it does not show the users i added to the login screen. I tried restarting and all of that stuff. I cannot figure out why it will not show....
  4. Other users not showing in user section of login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. no users showing at login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no users showing at login: hi whenever i try to change to my personal account and i go to the login screen none of my other users are shown it only shows one account and the rest of the accounts are not there please help...
  6. no users showing at login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no users showing at login: hi whenever i try to change to my personal account and i go to the login screen none of my other users are shown it only shows one account and the rest of the accounts are not there please help...
  7. Other users not showing on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users not showing on login screen: I just did a fresh install of Windows 10, and added a second user with admin privileges. Now this second user doesn't show up on the login screen, and so I can't login to that user. How do I fix this?...
  8. login defaults to other user only, no other users show

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    login defaults to other user only, no other users show: My W10 keeps defaulting to other user when there is none, and no way to get back to my login. Admin was set up by someone else, so don't have that. have always logged in w me as user. When I go to repair, i see my user name so i know it's out there somewhere....
  9. User not showing up on User list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User not showing up on User list.: Hey, Recently my account got deleted from user list but every time i restart my PC i get the login screen to my account which was deleted from user list. Since i don't know the password, I tried using cmd.exe (admin) to change my password there with another account by doing...
  10. Login screen shows always last user and "other user"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login screen shows always last user and "other user": I have two accouts (one domain account, one local account ) on my laptop with Windows 10 pro, Version 1803. The login screen always shows the last user and not the second possible user for choice but "other user". Is it possible to show both, the domain account and the local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 users not showing on startup

2. not showing other users startup