Windows 10: Listen to hey cortana feature makes typing laggy

Discus and support Listen to hey cortana feature makes typing laggy in Cortana to solve the problem; So I tried feature for windows to listen to hey cortana ...after a while I noticed lagging while typing -in all the applications- quickly or repetitive... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Abanoub99, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Abanoub99 Win User

Listen to hey cortana feature makes typing laggy

So I tried feature for windows to listen to hey cortana ...after a while I noticed lagging while typing -in all the applications- quickly or repetitive key strokes although my laptop specs is decent to run smoothly did every single solution like reinstalling the driver and dism or dsim command and sfc /scannow and memory diag and windows maintenance even tried to create a new user account but the problem still existed..

the problem wasn't solved until I disabled this feature... it just makes no sense besides everything else worksfine

I'm using windows 10 home version 1803...if someone has any solution to this problem to keep using that feature I would be grateful.

Thank you.

:)

Abanoub99, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Entegy Win User

hey Cortana feature

Hey Cortana requires a certain kind of processor that can handle passive listening without killing your battery in a matter of hours. If you don't see the option to turn Hey Cortana on, you can't use this feature.

Entegy, Nov 10, 2018
  3. CORTANA IN LISTEN MODE

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand you have issues with Cortana in the Listen mode. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Listen to hey cortana feature makes typing laggy

Listening for Hey Cortana

If Cortana is turned on and always listening for the command "Hey Cortana," what is it and/or Windows 10 doing with everything else the microphone is picking up?

BarryG_961, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Listen to hey cortana feature makes typing laggy

1. Listen to hey cortana feature makes typing laggy - Similar Threads - Listen hey cortana

2. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  3. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  4. Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”

in Cortana
    Unable to make Cortana listen to my voice and unable to make Cortana listen to “Hey Cortana”: Hello community, I am having trouble with Cortana on my laptop because it doesn’t let me use my voice to control Cortana. I have been trying my best with Cortana’s settings and it says to adjist cloud settings. Please help me....
  5. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  6. Cortana not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana'

in Cortana
    Cortana not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana': Since the past few days Cortana on my device is not listening when I say 'Hey Cortana'. I have checked all the microphone settings and all the required permissions to Cortana are been given. I went on to check the Cortana settings and under the ' Talk to Cortana ' option I...
  7. Hey Microsoft, Listen Up.

Hey Microsoft, Listen Up.: [ATTACH] So... I have one teensy tiny question. Are all Windows 10 devices complete crap? First of all, my CPU ramps up to 100% every time I move the mouse, and this is a $400 laptop. I can’t even run two tabs of google chrome while listening to music. Second, I had to...
  8. Cortana Not Listening

Cortana Not Listening: [ATTACH] So all of a sudden, Cortana can't wake up when I say "Cortana" went to check it out, and this popped up. I've tried all Diagnostics, they just keep loading.... pls help. Oh, and my laptops microphone array works just fine when I click to open Cortana and click the...
  9. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  10. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"