Windows 10: live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007

Discus and support live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My live.com email stopped working with my Windows Phone, and Outlook 2007 on Desktop Both stopped Sat AM 10/29 I can still sign into Outlook.com and... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Randu, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Randu Win User

live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007

My live.com email stopped working with my Windows Phone, and Outlook 2007 on Desktop
    Both stopped Sat AM 10/29
    I can still sign into Outlook.com and newer emails are there, but why did it stop loading into my other devices?

Windows 10 Home 1607 14393.351

:)

Randu, Nov 3, 2016
  2. MissVV Win User

I am having a hard time setting up my outlook

I use Windows Live as my email address but since I have Outlook 2007 on my laptop I have linked the internet-based e-mail to my Outlook so that all mail goes straight to Outlook. I have been trying for the last week to set up Outlook on my phone but it
    has not worked. Since I have linked the Live.com to my Outlook I do not receive any mail into the inbox on Live.com it all goes straight to Outlook. How do I do I set up my e-mail so that it automatically goes to my Outlook on my mobile phone.

MissVV, Nov 3, 2016
  3. duplicate contact sources and calendar entries

I am seeing sources as Microsoft, Live, and Hotmail, as many as three of each for various contacts. I have never had a Hotmail account. Besides my live.com account, I have three pop3 email accounts on my phone, none of which are microsoft-related. There
    is also a Microsoft account listed on my phone, and I don't know where it came from. It cannot be deleted, but I did turn it off in calendars so I wouldn't see so many duplicates. I use Outlook 2007. I initially uploaded my contacts from Outlook 2007 to
    my live.com account, and they then synced to my Windows8 phone.. After I installed Outlook Connector, I copied my Outlook calendar to the new live.com account account in Outlook 2007 and began using that instead of my regular calendar, so that it would sync.
    I did all of this on a desktop computer. I also set up Outlook Connector on my laptop so that both computers and my phone would stay updated together. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't, which is another problem I don't know how to solve. I hope
    this is enough information.

GwenO'Connor, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Try3 Win User

Try3, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Randu Win User
    Denis
    Thanks for your reply
    I went through the steps to add a new exchange account to Outlook 2007
    Entered my live.com address and password... it would mot let me add it there, instructed me to go to the control panel and add new mail account there.
    I did that and it's there, but now I have my roadrunner account in outlook 2007 (which I prefer), and the live.com account in the separate Win 10 mail app.
    Can I get it back into Outlook?? ...or am I now being forced into the new app constraints (don't like the contacts set-up at all)
    Typical MS... "Who cares what the customer wants... this is the new deal"

Thanks a lot!

re the phone... I had to reset my Windows Phone; Samsung ATIV-S Neo (i187) 8.1 to get rid of the old Outlook POP account and was able to add it as an Exchange account when it came back up

Randu, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Try3 Win User
    Randu,

The link I gave you was written for setting up pop email [but it contains the information for imap as well].

As I understand it, Outlook 2007 can only handle a single Exchange account. To use more than one you would have to create a new profile [as you were made to do] and would have to switch between profiles to use different email accounts. I think this is awkward so I have stuck with pop instead.

I think your easiest solution would therefore be to delete the Exchange account you set up then add your email account as pop [or possibly imap].

There is some guidance on setting up Exchange accounts in
    Outlook 2007 Set up email
    Set up email on an Android phone or tablet - Office Support

Denis

Try3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007 - Similar Threads - live com email

2. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook 2007: Suddenly all my incoming emails are going to the deleted folder and NOT my inbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2007/11eb6aa5-28c8-4fcb-ba87-5fbc13f35406
  3. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  4. Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links will not open in email. Outlook 2007: Hi! I am lost. I have looked all over the web and tried the repairs for this problem but I have come to no avail. I cannot open links from my email. I have edge as my default browser. I am using outlook 2007 and I have the latest updates. I have tried using firefox as my...
  5. Windows outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows outlook 2007: I am getting a message not implemented when I try and send or receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-outlook-2007/f8b61cf2-664e-4188-b05b-614d01ecdae6
  6. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  7. Outlook 2007

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 2007: I am confused by all the Outlook forums. I am forced to use Outlook 2007. Is there abest forum to use? 114947
  8. Outlook 2007 - No images on some emails...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2007 - No images on some emails...: In Outlook 2007 I do not see any images from some senders. All I see is image placeholders. Most other senders are ok. This is getting annoying. Is there any way to fix this? 63696
  9. Unable to sync Outlook 2007 calendar with Windows phone

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to sync Outlook 2007 calendar with Windows phone: Although I did search before posting this, I still have not found the solution. Devices and Accounts: Laptop computer with Outlook 2007 and Outlook Connector Nokia 928 with Windows Phone 8.1 Email and accounts: Microsoft account with gmail.com address Outlook account...
  10. Outlook 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2007: Like a lot of other users, I've been having problems in sending emails BUT unlike most others, running SFC /scannow hasn't fixed my problem although it worked on my wife's Laptop. So I uninstalled & reinstalled a different version which contain a dll that was rejected so I...