Windows 10: Live email link problems

Discus and support Live email link problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For the last 10 years I have used a snippet of JavaScript in web pages to encode clients’ email addresses. These worked fine on all our websites until... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by webmaster, Mar 29, 2016.

1. webmaster Win User

Live email link problems

For the last 10 years I have used a snippet of JavaScript in web pages to encode clients’ email addresses. These worked fine on all our websites until a recent Windows 10 Update.
    People using Windows XP and Windows 7 have no problems with the live links.

Now our clients’ are complaining that the email links are only live when people access their websites using Edge, Internet Explorer 8 through 11, and Safari for Windows. These people are all using Windows 10. If they try to access the websites using Firefox, Opera or Chrome they get an error message as follows:

wlmail.exe - System Error
    The program can’t start because WLDCore.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

The file WLDCore.dll is present and Windows Live Mail works fine for sending and receiving emails so the error message is misleading.

Any help to solve this irritating mystery would be most welcome.

:)

webmaster, Mar 29, 2016

2. skydrive email links not hyperlinked correctly

I think the problem isn't the links themselves, but with Live. The Skydrive links I just sent to myself don't seem to be clickable in the Live web interface, but neither was a link to Bing
    I just typed into an email and sent to myself.

Both the Skydrive links and the Bing link I typed were hyperlinked properly in Outlook, however, so I'm guessing this is an issue with the client that is receiving the email (Live Mail), not the sending client (WP7.)

ToddAllcock, Mar 29, 2016
  3. t3chs4vy Win User
    Windows Live ID - Attention Required - Windows Live Password is incorrect

This worked for me to...tyvm But then..dun dun dun....
    I accidentally selected to sync email then I got the old "attention required". Since my main email for my live id (one from my service provider) was not actually an original windows email (hotmail, msn, etc). I had to link my windows live id with my
    main email even though they were the same. Confused?...yeah i was to.

example: live id = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I logged in to hotmail.com with my live id (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***). I saw an option for linking other email accounts. Then I linked the live id (which is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. Windows live created a separate sub folder for emails from this account. Hope this
    helps. I know it is confusing to read but it is more confusing to try and explain it. Moral of this experience is, if verifying your live id fixes it - dont choose to sync email...lol...leave it alone. Live email link problems :p

Happy Thanksgiving!

t3chs4vy, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

Live email link problems

1. Live email link problems - Similar Threads - Live email link

2. Live Links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Live Links: When I insert a link on my profile page will it result in it being live to anyone viewing the link?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-links/843b18ab-7f28-47a6-86af-a85dc52c9c8b
  3. Live Links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Links: When I insert a link on my profile page will it result in it being live to anyone viewing the link?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-links/843b18ab-7f28-47a6-86af-a85dc52c9c8b
  4. Links in email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links in email: When I click on a link in an email, a window full of code pops up. I click again and the link opens up. How do I get rid of the box of code that comes up first ? 169087
  5. Links in emails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Links in emails: I routinely receive notices from court clerks advising that a new pleading or motion has been filed in a case in which I am involved. These emails contain a link that should take me directly to the newly filed document. However, the links are not active. How do I activate...
  6. Problems with Viewing Links Shown on an Email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with Viewing Links Shown on an Email: When I open a link that is shown on an email, there is a small picture of the email in the top portion of the screen that I cannot remove. The link is opened, but the area shown to read what is on the link is somewhat reduced about 2/3 the size of a normal link. Can anyone...
  7. Email links disappear from forwarded emails using Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Email links disappear from forwarded emails using Windows Live Mail: I know Windows Mail is the preferred way to send email in Win 10, but we find it not to be as useful as Windows Live Mail. Having said that, since upgrading to Win 10 on some machines and getting new machines with Win 10, we are finding email links are disappearing on...
  8. Email Problem "unable to open" link

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email Problem "unable to open" link: Just back from 2 week vacation and every time I try to open an email link I get "unable to open" followed by the path info. What's happening? I can't find a solution? Can anyone help? Thanks...
  9. Email link problem

in Browsers and Email
    Email link problem: When clicking on a link in an E mail I get a box full of technical letters and numbers and the link doesn`t open. When I close Outlook,the link is opened on the screen.I`ve attempted to include a screenshot (if it works). 127693
  10. Windows Live Mail delete email problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Live Mail delete email problem: From time to time, when I want to delete an email from my 'In' box I get a message "The contents of this message cannot be found". I try to delete it, drag it into deleted folder or trash folder, nothing works. it just stays in the inbox, can't be opened, can't be removed....