Windows 10: Live essentials 2012 failed to install

Discus and support Live essentials 2012 failed to install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gobbetto, May 27, 2016.

1. gobbetto Win User

Live essentials 2012 failed to install

Hi all,
    hope some good sould could help me here.*Smile

I want to install back live mail 2012 but at the end of the installation it keeps on reporting the following:

It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working.
    Error: 0x80070643
    Source: crt90-i386

instead of saying: done.

I've looked pretty everywhere but I couldn't find a solution.
    I've tried a clean start, with just MS services, tried to uninstall feature NET framework and reinstall them, tried to stop and restart the firewall, tried to clean all the cache, temp files.
    I also tried to install the messenger or the Photo gallery and Movie maker alone, without mail.
    Nothing, it keeps on reporting that darn error
    Anybody have an idea on what could be wrong?

:)

gobbetto, May 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update June 2017

Try repairing Windows Live Essentials, if that fails you might want to uninstall and reinstall it, here's an offline
    installer
    that you can use.

Ilyes Kraïem, May 27, 2016
  3. geekdom Win User
    Windows live mail 2011 wont open and I allowed remote access by LogMeIn Rescue

The installation program won't open or Windows Live Mail won't open?

If Windows Essentials 2012 is installed, it will show in Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features as:

Windows Essentials 2012

Windows Live Mail will not show as an installed program in your programs.

Is Windows Essentials 2012 shown as an installed program?

Is there an associated error message with whatever doesn't open?

geekdom, May 27, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Is your Windows Firewall turned On ?
    It needs to be On.

davidhk, May 27, 2016
  5. gobbetto Win User
    Yes, that's the first think I checked and is on as it always been. *Sad
    Thanks anyway!

gobbetto, May 27, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    You said ........ I want to install back live mail 2012 .............
    Do I assume you had Windows Essentials installed before ?

If yes, go to This PC > open C drive >
    if your OS is 32-bit, open Program Files >
    if your OS is 64-bit, open Program Files (x86) >
    Look for Windows Live folder > if it is there, delete it.

Try installing Windows Essentials 2012 again.

davidhk, May 27, 2016
  7. gobbetto Win User
    Thank you,
    The folder Windows Live is not there in Program Files (x36).
    Probably uninstalling the program did erase also this folder.

gobbetto, May 27, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

I have no more ideas for you.
    Sorry.

davidhk, May 27, 2016
  9. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, May 27, 2016
  10. Bastet Win User
    Download wlarp.exe http://g.live.com/1rewlive4arp/wlarp.exe
    a. Goto Start ->All Programs->Accessories
    b. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
    c. Runthe following commands to uninstall Windows Live Essentials:
    · (64bit) "c:\program files (x86)\windowslive\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q
    · (32bit) "c:\program files\windowslive\installer\wlarp.exe" /cleanup:all /q
    d. Adialog box shows status until uninstallation has completed
    will remove all Wlive programs completelyallowing for reinstall.

If you have a hotmail/outlook.com account then you can set it up using IMAP & smtp server setting & will afaik continue to download your ms emails after June 30th, it won't however sync your calendar & contacts. There is an fix but it doesn't work unless the account has been upgraded.

Bastet, May 28, 2016
  11. gobbetto Win User
    I ended up doing a clean reinstall. Thnak anyway guys!*Tongue

About WLM stop working is not actually true; they will stop the live connection but the POP and IMAPI will keep on working for MS accounts as well for the rest of the accounts. I never used the calendar.
    So I am keeping WLM 2012 instead of the horrendous mail app that comes with win 10 or Thunder bird that for some emails instead of opening as HTML, it save them as an attachment file.
    If you have some better options please share *Nerd

EDIT: just see doctor9fun posted a possibly very useful hint.
    I cannot try it now since the reinstall fix all my troubles but I hope that for someone will come handy.
    *Smile

gobbetto, May 28, 2016
  12. Bastet Win User
    That worked for me when I couldn't uninstall WLMail the usual way. A caveat is that it will uninstall all your Windows Live apps not just the one you're having problems with.

Bastet, May 28, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

FYI................... Those steps, a and b, are for Windows Vista and Windows 7. Not applicable to Win 10.

Unless you are using 3rd party start menu program such as Classic Shell, Start10 etc.

davidhk, May 28, 2016
  14. Clint Win User
    Clint, May 28, 2016
  15. Bastet Win User
    Thanks, it's something I saved to my laptop years ago when I had Vista, not updated it for 10.

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Live essentials 2012 failed to install - Similar Threads - Live essentials 2012

2. How to get Windows Live Essentials 2012 working on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Windows Live Essentials 2012 working on Windows 11?: Hi, I have gotten the archived exe file and tried to run it, and it returned a 0x800c0006 error. I would include a screenshot but looks like nothing wants to upload. I don't really have much else to say, I'd just really like to use the old movie maker, so if anyone has...
  3. How to get Windows Live Essentials 2012 working on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows Live Essentials 2012 working on Windows 11?: Hi, I have gotten the archived exe file and tried to run it, and it returned a 0x800c0006 error. I would include a screenshot but looks like nothing wants to upload. I don't really have much else to say, I'd just really like to use the old movie maker, so if anyone has...
  4. Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11: I am trying to install Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11 because I want to use Movie Maker and Photo Gallery. I have installed Net Framework 3,5 first but still get an error message 0x800c0006. Any ideas, please?...
  5. Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11

Installing Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11: I am trying to install Windows Live Essentials 2012 on Windows 11 because I want to use Movie Maker and Photo Gallery. I have installed Net Framework 3,5 first but still get an error message 0x800c0006. Any ideas, please?...
  6. Installation of Windows Essentials 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows Essentials 2012: Why can I not fully install wndows essentials 2012 in my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-windows-essentials-2012/ed8e6dd6-57bf-4d6d-9628-531e4b443af0
  7. LIVE ESSENTIALS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LIVE ESSENTIALS: LOST WINDOWS LIVE ESSENTIALS 2012 AFTER RECENT UPDATE,CANNOT RE-INSTALL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/live-essentials/c5b4d6c2-6589-4d9a-af74-19e551aa1714
  8. Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM

in Browsers and Email
    Update for Windows Live Essentials Mail 2012 (KB3093594) kills WLM: Have been using this program for months now on windows 10 32 bit, and I get an email saying that MS are making changes to Outlook servers and to patch WLM 2012 and a download link. I applied the patch and now after a few seconds of being open WLM 2012 crashes while...
  9. Windows Essentials 2012

Windows Essentials 2012: Is it safe to install Windows Essentials 2012 on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 3? Photo Gallery is what I am really after because it has a photo resize function where W10 Photo app does not. 40243
  10. Windows Live Essentials

Windows Live Essentials: Does anyone know if Microsoft is going to replace Windows Live Essentials as I heard on a cnet message forum administrator that Microsoft will no longer offer that suite or programs? I used to use Windows Live Writer to blog but I needed more features, especially with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crt90-i386