Windows 10: Live Kernel Event Error 142

Discus and support Live Kernel Event Error 142 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I checked reliability monitor because my programs have been crashing a lot. I found that it said LiveKernelEvent Code: 142. It says "a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by evan0213, Sep 3, 2018.

1. evan0213 Win User

Live Kernel Event Error 142

I checked reliability monitor because my programs have been crashing a lot. I found that it said LiveKernelEvent Code: 142. It says "a problem with your hardware caused windows to stop working correctly. What is the 142 error? I've been searching everywhere and haven't been able to find out what it is.

:)

evan0213, Sep 3, 2018

2. Kernel 142 problem

Few months ago (when I had Win 8.1) I've bought on GOG.com Zeus and Poseidon game. I played many times and had no problem with this title. Today (already with Win 10) after few hours of game system was shut down without any error message. I've checked
    in event log and been there two errors related with kernel. First one 41 (I found solution by google) and second one 142. I did not find anything about this error. If someone know something about Kernel error 142 please let me know. Is it related directly
    with game or is some another problem, maybe with hardware. My laptop specs:

i5-4210U, 8GB, Radeon R7M260.

Thanks for any help.

AgnieszkaPalacz, Sep 3, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Kernel 142 problem

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestion provided by Jessen P on Replied on May 28, 2014 and check if it helps.

kernel-power 142 & 41 Random shutdown

Feel free to reply to us for further assistance and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2018
  4. Live Kernel Event Error 142

restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Sep 3, 2018
Thema:

Live Kernel Event Error 142

1. Live Kernel Event Error 142 - Similar Threads - Live Kernel Event

2. Recurring Event 142, Kernel-Power critical error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurring Event 142, Kernel-Power critical error: Hello. I bought a new PC a few weeks ago, and when I try to shut it down, sometimes it hangs and restarts.The following are the specs of the computer: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 4.70 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.1 GB usableDevice ID...
  3. Recurring Event 142, Kernel-Power critical error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurring Event 142, Kernel-Power critical error: Hello. I bought a new PC a few weeks ago, and when I try to shut it down, sometimes it hangs and restarts.The following are the specs of the computer: Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 6-Core Processor 4.70 GHzInstalled RAM 32.0 GB 31.1 GB usableDevice ID...
  4. Recurring Event 142, Kernel-Power critical error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. live kernel event error 1b8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    live kernel event error 1b8: hello recently when i was playing a gamefree fire in my pc i noticed there werre massive frame drops and so much laggy so when i checked reliability monitor i noticed there was an issue called hardware error.when i expanded it it was showing me live kernel event error code -...
  6. Live kernel event 141, kernel event 144 and Live Kernel Event 1b0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live kernel event 141, kernel event 144 and Live Kernel Event 1b0: Hi, I have been having this issue for a couple of days and it´s really hard to play or use windows this days. I do not have any overclocking activated or anything, If I activate my XMP my computer would become even more unstable. My pc specs are Ryzen 5 2600x, Rx5700, Corsair...
  7. Help, Event 142, Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help, Event 142, Kernel-Power: Im, pretty desperate to get help, I cannot use my laptop properly. What should I do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-event-142-kernel-power/5813aba0-dd2f-4a7d-8105-c6e15c3f2019
  8. Live Kernel Event Error 141

Live Kernel Event Error 141: Split from this thread. Same issue too 3x full system rebuilds same issue. Got all my hardware tested at PB Tech they say nothing wrong with it ? This event always accors when Playing COD MW 2019 no other time. NOTE not OC and on a $1500 extream coustom water cooling...
  9. Live Kernel Event Error 141

Live Kernel Event Error 141: Split from this thread. I have black screens at random. Usually using my day trading platform. The last error was: Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 141...
  10. Live Kernel Event Error 141 & 142

Live Kernel Event Error 141 & 142: I've been getting errors either 141 or 142 once every day. It's either when I'm playing a video game or working on an application. I've done almost most things recommended, such as clean DDU installations, sfc scans, memtest86, GPU benchmark tests and I've been unable to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kernel power 142

2. livekernelevent 142

3. live kernel event 142

4. kernel power event 142,
  5. kernel event 142,
  6. event id 142 kernel power,
  7. live kernel event,
  8. windows critical error kernel-power 142,
  9. livekernal 142,
  10. live kernel event windows 10,
  11. dernel-power event id 142,