Windows 10: Live Mail - delete contacts

Discus and support Live Mail - delete contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by crabmann, Jul 6, 2016.

1. crabmann Win User

Live Mail - delete contacts

windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail?

:)

crabmann, Jul 6, 2016

2. I can not edit or delete Contact Category name in Windows Live Mail

I can not edit or delete Contact Category name in Windows Live Mail. Using Windows 10

Original title: Windows Live Mail

AlbertGeis, Jul 6, 2016
  3. How do I delete a contact in Windows 10 Live Mail?

I cannot delete a contact in the Windows 10 Live Mail Contacts file.

MichaelWinkelhorst, Jul 6, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

Are You talking about Windows Live Mail? If so go to contacts, highlight all you want to delete and click the red X in the toolbar.

essenbe, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    some Contact and Calendar Stuff can only be done Online at Live Mail (Outlook.com now) I have found not sure if Deleting Contacts is one, but merging and using "Sweep" is.

Kbird, Jul 6, 2016
  6. crabmann Win User
    In Live Mail when I highlight individual contact the red X goes gray and the rt click delete fades does not function

crabmann, Jul 11, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Just a question, does WLM sync with Contacts in C:\Users and the logged in user?

Berton, Jul 11, 2016
  8. Kbird Win User

this works for me , just tested it

once again LiveMail/Outlook.com (Webmail) or WLM2012?

I am running WLM and there is nothing in that Folder , which would mean the People App isn't using it either as People Currently has all my WLM Contacts as expected ,though that Folder can import Contacts judging by the File Explorer Bar at the top.

Kbird, Jul 11, 2016
  9. Windows Live Mail syncs with People contacts, but only if you are logged in on Windows Live Mail. Changes made while not logged in appear to never be synced. The 'People' contacts are stored on Microsoft servers, for use by the People app, people.live.com, and syncing with Windows Live Mail (when logged into it). Syncing seems to fail as often as not, so fully back up all contacts lists before culling.

bigbadsteve, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Live Mail - delete contacts - Similar Threads - Live Mail delete

2. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  3. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  4. Merging contacts from Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merging contacts from Live Mail to Windows Mail: OK. I have finally managed to move my contact list onto the new PC. They all appear in the People tab in Windows mail. Here's my problem - hundreds of them appear as " unnamed contact". When I click on them, it does show the name and email address, but only in the "notes"...
  5. lost contacts in Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost contacts in Windows live mail: Hi, I recently changed password for my Microsoft account because it asked me too. recently got 1909 Since then my live mail has asked me for a password which I cannot remember. I assume that is my Microsoft accouunt password. It has now lost my contacts. At the moment...
  6. Retrieve Live Mail calendar and contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieve Live Mail calendar and contacts: I've been using live mail for years. My computer was damaged and replaced. Outlook is installed. Email is retrieved but not calendar and contacts. Is it possible to get this information? I'm happy to manually input into Outlook if transfer isn't possible....
  7. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  8. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  9. Windows Live Mail 11 contacts disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail 11 contacts disappeared: I've tried several ways to get my contacts to show up in Live Mail 11, but since my W10 upgrade I can't figure out how to get them back. Anyone have a tutorial or quick fix? Should I re-import them? 12964
  10. Win 10.1, Live Mail, delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10.1, Live Mail, delete contacts: Win 10.1 - I am using Live Mail and cant seem to delete any contacts. Edit in LM does not work for me. Help! Thanks 55365