Windows 10: Live Mail not starting after Win 10 Upgrade

Discus and support Live Mail not starting after Win 10 Upgrade in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a laptop that had Window 7 and I did the upgrade. Everything went fine. But Windows Live Mail will not load. I have tried reinstalling Live... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mallen, Nov 29, 2015.

1. mallen Win User

Live Mail not starting after Win 10 Upgrade

I have a laptop that had Window 7 and I did the upgrade. Everything went fine. But Windows Live Mail will not load. I have tried reinstalling Live Mail, repairing, and deleting install folder and registry. I also deleted the cache in app data folder. Is there anything else I can try? Sometimes it just shows the loading screen and other times it shows part of the screen with the loading screen on top.

I outputted my emails and contacts but not in the format for Outlook. I planned to import them to outlook. After reading again it should have been in the "Microsoft exchange" format.

:)

mallen, Nov 29, 2015

2. ELARA App preventing shutdown

it appears just after setting up my live mail account and blocks after restarting also the appearance of the desktop.

It happens before also with the computer when upgraded to win 8.1 (requires logon with live mail) so I had to install back win 7 and did not appear after upgrade on win 10 before signing up with live mail.

dangageonea, Nov 29, 2015
  3. CJK9076 Win User
    Windows 10: Live Mail problem

After upgrading to Win 10, in Windows Live Mail when I attempt to write a new email, it takes several minutes for the new message window to display.

CJK9076, Nov 29, 2015
  4. mallen Win User

Also the little shield on the icon is there, and I have to click "yes" to run it. I am logged in as administrator. Would this be a hint to what's wrong?

mallen, Nov 29, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. You should still be able to find the installer on various download sites.

Be aware though that development on this program stopped in 2012.

swarfega, Nov 30, 2015
  6. mallen Win User
    I know I just need to get it to load and then I can export my mail in the format for Outlook. I was able to get it to load but the emails were not there. I tried changing the compatibility mode and now I can't remember what setting I tried. Now it just spins and won't load.

mallen, Nov 30, 2015
  7. mallen Win User
    I got it solved. I needed to turn off the compatibility mode and let it load. Took very long to start up. Copied the entire Windows Live Mail folder and pasted it in same location. This moves everything over in storage folders.

mallen, Dec 1, 2015
  8. szempruw Win User

I found yet another simple fix for problem of Windows Live Mail not opening or starting after the upgrade to Windows 10.

I had to revert to Windows 7 because I got caught in the auto-reboot loop problem. I finally got the time to retry my upgrade to Win10.

The first time I got it running by finding the WLmail.exe program location and right-clicked "Run as an Administrator" which allowed me to open the program. This second time after the upgrade to Win10 it wouldn't work. Then I tried right click "Troubleshoot Compatibility." After this ran, it suggested options and I tried the recommended. Low and behold it used the Windows 8 compatibility mode and the program opened up! I followed the prompts and "saved" this action for future program startups. Now it opens up normal each time.

I hope someone else can use this simple fix, "troubleshoot compatibility" for problem programs.

szempruw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Live Mail not starting after Win 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - Live Mail starting

2. Live Mail error after Win 10 2004 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live Mail error after Win 10 2004 install: Immediately after updating to Windows 10 2004, Live Mail stopped receiving messages with error: "Unable to send or receive messages for the Care4free ed.warne account. An unknown error has occurred. Server: 'pop.care4free.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E...
  3. Live Mail in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Live Mail in Win 10: Win does not recognize Live Mail as a choice for .eml files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-in-win-10/3f2a3fa5-58dc-4f33-a9b1-1ca3c05c1768"
  4. my win live mail has become very bizarre since the win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    my win live mail has become very bizarre since the win 10 upgrade: The opening page of my live mail has become mirror imaged diagonally and also the lists of emails in my 2 attached accounts are also diagonally mirror imaged. It makes them really hard to read. I have to expand them to half the screen to have a chance of reading them and the...
  5. settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    settings in Windows Live Mail on Win 10: I'm using Windows Live Mail on Win 10. My Contacts (when I click "Contacts") are set up to show "last name", "First name" which is what I want. But, when I want to compose a new e-mail and click on the "To" or "Cc" box in the address section of a new e-mail to add a contact,...
  6. Windows Live Mail with Win 10?

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail with Win 10?: I have been playing around with win 10 for a while now, first in a virtual machine but lately as a dual boot with Win 8.1. Now I am seriously thinking of making Win 10 my main OS. My question - with Win 8.1, I use Windows Live Mail, will this be supported under Win 10? TIA...
  7. Win Live MAIL problem

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live MAIL problem: I have a new laptop with Win10 installed and ever since downloading WinLive Mail, Win Live Mail has given me problems. It spends hours saying it is upgrading, I cannot get rid of it unless, I shut the laptop down and remove the battery. This is ridiculous. Anyone else with...
  8. win live mail problems in win 10

in Browsers and Email
    win live mail problems in win 10: Suddenly my email has gone haywire. My App for win live mail has a shield on it that means I have to open it as admin, and I get a box asking me if I want to let this programme to make changes. When mail opens I invariably get a box asking me to enter my password....
  9. Win 10 install crashed Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 install crashed Live Mail: Downloaded and installed Win 10. Live Mail would not open. Uninstalled Win 10 and reverted back to Win 7 so I could export contacts. All Live Mail files have been corrupted. Can not uninstall, repair, or reinstall Live Mail or Essentials. Trying to get contacts so I can...
  10. Windows live mail on Win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Windows live mail on Win 10: Have just got laptop with Win 10 preinstalled . Found its mail program USELESS . No contacts etc etc . Decided to install Live mail . Downloaded the file from MS ( 2012 version ) hit install but it just sits there with blue circle going round and round . Can any one help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did my windows live email stop after 12-31-2019

2. what happens to windows live mail when upgrading to windows 10

3. windows live mail 2019 will not open after upgrade

4. what happens to live mail when you upgrade