Windows 10: Live Tiles Stopped Working

Discus and support Live Tiles Stopped Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Live tiles have stopped working both on my desktop and Surface Pro 4. This seems to have happened sometime on 11/2. Is anyone else seeing this? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PJLLB, Nov 2, 2015.

1. PJLLB Win User

Live Tiles Stopped Working

Live tiles have stopped working both on my desktop and Surface Pro 4. This seems to have happened sometime on 11/2. Is anyone else seeing this?

I was able to get the desktop live tiles going again by signing out of the account (a local account) and signing into a Microsoft account, and then back to the local account. But when pinning new tiles to start the live tile will not work with any size tile.

On the Surface, I've discovered the following. When a tile is added, its default size is "medium" and the live tiles work fine. If the tile size is changed to any other size, the live tile stops working.

Any thoughts?

:)

PJLLB, Nov 2, 2015

2. Live tile

Clicking on tile results in app not opening. Clicking on live tile results in tile moving (animation) but the application not opening. Computer seems to be functioning fine but the live tile apps have stopped working/opening.

BenBarrett, Nov 2, 2015
  3. Calendar live tile not updating

Hej.

The calender live tile has suddenly stopped updating the date.

Live tile is turned on and I've tried to disable and enable the tile, but nothing works.

How do I get the tile to update again, so it always shows the actual date?

Martin8654, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

Live Tiles Stopped Working

1. Live Tiles Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Live Tiles Stopped

2. Windows 10 live tiles stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 live tiles stopped working: Windows 10 live tiles stopped working after most recent updates to Windows 10. What are the possible fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tiles-stopped-working/a68cbf71-9f3d-488b-8804-acd38154ff65
  3. Windows 10 live tiles stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 live tiles stopped working: Windows 10 live tiles stopped working after most recent updates to Windows 10. What are the possible fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-live-tiles-stopped-working/a68cbf71-9f3d-488b-8804-acd38154ff65
  4. Windows 10 live tiles stopped working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Live tile not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Live tile not working.: So basically I have my Microsoft Store application pinned to my start menu but I don't see the live tile working. I tried a reboot, windows explorer restart, making sure live tile is on, and gave it time yet it still didn't update. Any solutions?? submitted by...
  6. Live tile not working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Live tile not working?: Windows 10 home 64 bit, version 2004 up to date. I use Windows News Live tile in the start menu quite often, but for some reason it no longer shows a rotating news feed picture? I can still click on it and go to the news page, but the tile is dead otherwise. The tile is set...
  7. MSN Weather app live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MSN Weather app live tile stopped working: The update killed my Weather live tile. No matter what I do, nothing shows up. The app works only when I launch it. Here's what I've tried already: 1) toggled live tile on and off 2) logged out in the app 3) changed location, toggled location detection on and off 4)...
  8. MS Store live tile stopped working

MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  9. MS Store live tile stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Store live tile stopped working: The live tile does not display the products on the current version or release of the MS Store. 115543
  10. Accuweather Live Tile stopped refreshing

Accuweather Live Tile stopped refreshing: As in the title. Anyone else notice this? I wonder if it's connected to the app not being Windows 10 compliant but I may be wrong 13309