Windows 10: Living on the Edge: our next step in helping web just work

Discus and support Living on the Edge: our next step in helping web just work in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we are rolling out a new Windows 10 preview build with significant Internet Explorer interoperability updates. In line with our commitment to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Living on the Edge: our next step in helping web just work

Read more...

:)

Brink, Nov 11, 2014
  2. petrib Win User

..The next step..help

In a normal situation, the phone should pick up the corret message center number from the SIM card automatically, and SMS sending should just work with no actions from your part.

If that's not the case, try finding the setting for the message center, and see if it has picked up it from the SIM card, or not (where the setting is varies a bit based on which device you have, and as you didn't say, I can't be more specific, but if you have
    an S60 family phone, then in the Messaging app, hit Options, choose Settings from the list & you should be able to locate it).

petrib, Nov 11, 2014
  3. rosie86uk Win User
    ..The next step..help

okay so i got my phone so it now registers the service provider after inserting a new SIM but everytime i try and send a message i get "message sending failed".

Can anyone advice me on where to go next, do i need to register or something?

rosie86uk, Nov 11, 2014
Thema:

Living on the Edge: our next step in helping web just work

1. Living on the Edge: our next step in helping web just work - Similar Threads - Living Edge next

2. Next step after downloaded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Next step after downloaded: What I need to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/next-step-after-downloaded/1295fe30-0f63-449e-8795-11ddf800e71f
  3. Next step after downloaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next step after downloaded: What I need to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/next-step-after-downloaded/1295fe30-0f63-449e-8795-11ddf800e71f
  4. Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps

Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps: I got Error Code 0xc0000001 and haven' been able to successfully boot for a couple of days. Fearing I'd lose my data, I bought a NVMe SSD external usb connector and copied most of the data onto a slow external HDD.Last night I ran drive and memory diagnostics and those tests...
  5. Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD recovery next steps: I got Error Code 0xc0000001 and haven' been able to successfully boot for a couple of days. Fearing I'd lose my data, I bought a NVMe SSD external usb connector and copied most of the data onto a slow external HDD.Last night I ran drive and memory diagnostics and those tests...
  6. Remote Access Scam / Next Steps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Access Scam / Next Steps: My computer was scanned remotely by what I now know to be a scam. A pop up window appearing to be Microsoft stated I had an issue and my computer was locked. I called the phone #, they remotely accessed my computer and then I saw my Amazon account flash. I quickly...
  7. Next Step

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Next Step: I had hoped that when I reached Klondike Level 500 I would be promoted form Gold to Diamond Grandmaster, but it didn't happen. What level do I have to reach before receiving that accolade?...
  8. Problem running live web cams on edge

Problem running live web cams on edge: When using windows edge browser live web cams dont run but if you use chrome browser they do, any answers ??? plse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/problem-running-live-web-cams-on-edge/8065d1e1-387c-4e9b-b780-c1bcd49ba731
  9. Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform: Microsoft Edge: What's Next for Microsoft's New Browser & Web Platform In 2015, Microsoft launched its first new browser in 20 years: Microsoft Edge. After 8 months, it's on a great trajectory but we're just getting started. Join us to learn about the progress we've...
  10. The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash

in Windows 10 News
    The End of an Era - Next Steps for Adobe Flash: Today, Adobe announced that Flash will no longer be supported after 2020. Microsoft will phase out support for Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer ahead of this date. Flash led the way on the web for rich content, gaming, animations, and media of all kinds, and...