Windows 10: Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS)

Discus and support Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, The flashing loading icon next to the cursor seems to be a common occurrence for those using Windows 10. If you're experiencing the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AmsterDan, Oct 16, 2015.

1. AmsterDan Win User

Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS)

Hi there,

The flashing loading icon next to the cursor seems to be a common occurrence for those using Windows 10. If you're experiencing the same issue, updating the ATK package may solve the problem on your ASUS device. You can download it from the ASUS Support website. Just enter and select your product, click on 'Driver & Tools', select your OS and find the ATK package.

If you're running Windows 10 (64 bit), you can download the ATK package directly from here.

Similar issue is apparent on HP machines to which a solution lies in disabling the SimplePass software according to this thread. (Doing so would render the bio-metric hardware useless and I find it hard to imagine that this hiccup hasn't been solved by now. I would suggest having a look at the HP support site for driver updates.)

:)

AmsterDan, Oct 16, 2015

2. Loading Icon next to mouse cursor keeps flashing

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with drop down menu and mouse cursor after upgrade to Windows 10. Let's try these methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

First, let's check if the issue appears in Safe Mode.

Step 1:

Follow the steps below to restart the computer in safe mode.

• Restart the computer with holding the Shift key.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    If the issue does not appear in safe mode, there could be possibility of some third party programs causing conflict.

Step 2:

To eliminate the chances of some third party conflict with Windows Update. let’s place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue re-appears.

Clean boot is a process of starting your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering
    with your computer performance.

Please refer the Microsoft article below to get more information on this.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Please refer the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” in the article below and follow the steps to bring your computer to the normal state.

Proceed with the next method if the issue persists.

Method 2:

You may also run Microsoft System file checker tool SFC /SCANNOW to scan the system integration and fix system file corruption (if any).

The sfc /scannow (System File Checker) command scans all protected system files, and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Follow the steps in the article below to run System File Checker tool (SFC Scan). This will require to open command prompt as administrator, the article below explains how to open command prompt as an administrator.

Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 16, 2015
  3. Skullguy Win User
    Loading Icon next to mouse cursor keeps flashing

a few weeks after i upgaded to windows 10 my mouse cursor starts acting weird.

Symptoms

- The loading icon next to my cursor keeps flashing

- when i try to oped a drop down menu i disappears within a few seconds ( like if i spelled something wrong and i right clicked on it the box with all the options on it only stays open for a few seconds)

Please help

-

Skullguy, Oct 16, 2015
Thema:

Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS)

1. Loading Icon Flashing next to Cursor (ASUS) - Similar Threads - Loading Icon Flashing

2. The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.: So I recently did a huge move of almost everything from my C:Drive to my D:Drive to clear up space and speed up my computer. However, it is resulted in it being finicky. Currently what I'm looking at is the cursor having the blue circle icon for whenever something is loading...
  3. The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.: So I recently did a huge move of almost everything from my C:Drive to my D:Drive to clear up space and speed up my computer. However, it is resulted in it being finicky. Currently what I'm looking at is the cursor having the blue circle icon for whenever something is loading...
  4. The circle loading icon next to the cursor keeps blinking.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10: I've looked at all the old posts about this and I have tried all the same exact fixes however nothing is helping my case at all. The weird part is that it didn't happen until today. Is there any fix for this issue in 2022 or do I have to wait until the next update for windows...
  6. Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10: I've looked at all the old posts about this and I have tried all the same exact fixes however nothing is helping my case at all. The weird part is that it didn't happen until today. Is there any fix for this issue in 2022 or do I have to wait until the next update for windows...
  7. Loading icon next to mouse cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. flashing disk next to cursor Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    flashing disk next to cursor Windows 10: This condition of a "flashing cursor" persisted for days while I reasoned a solution. Jumping directly to my solution was that when I uninstalled Adobe Flash, I did not realize that there remained two updates from Adobe in 2020 that remained on the system. Apparently, W 10...
  9. Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue loading circle constantly flashing next to cursor (DELL machines): Every day for the last week 2-3 of the computers in our domain have come up with this issue. There's also over system performance decrease on the affected machines. Microsoft support is useless and won't return my calls after we paid them $500. Anyone know the cause or the...
  10. Constant flashing loading icon (blue circle) next to my mouse.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Constant flashing loading icon (blue circle) next to my mouse.: As the title says I have this constant loading going on somewhere in my computer. it interferes with my games or if I put anything to full screen it automatically pulls it out of full screen and minimizes it. It also interferes with my typing. If I'm trying to type in an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cursor loading icon

2. cursor icon keeps loading on my asus

3. cursor loading icon blinking