Windows 10: Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

Discus and support Local Account Administrator appears as Standard in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way. In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by verysame, Aug 14, 2018.

1. verysame Win User

Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

Hi there,

Maybe this is totally normal, but I'm not quite sure why it works this way.
    In the Win10 panel, the account shows as administrator, in the old control panel it looks different:

Local Account Administrator appears as Standard [​IMG]

Basically, my account which is the administrator appears as a standard account.
    Perhaps this is the explanation?
    source: Windows 10 tip: How to enable the built-in Administrator account (and why you shouldn't) | ZDNet

:)

verysame, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Change local account into administrator

Hi Ankit,

We appreciate you for providing these necessary information. We have another way on how to change your local account user into administrator account. Please follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select the user account, and click
      Change account type
    • Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
    • Click OK to complete the task.

Note: If you are using an Administrator account, you could use the same instructions to change the type to a Standard User account.

Let us know in case you encounter an issue while following the steps provided.

Ryan Mon1, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Edgar Pan Win User
    changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

Local Account Administrator appears as Standard

1. Local Account Administrator appears as Standard - Similar Threads - Local Account Administrator

2. Problem with Administrator/Standard Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Administrator/Standard Account: Hello! I accidentally changed two of my Microsoft accounts from "Administrator" to "Standard." I am now unable to do a lot of things, including reinstalling Windows 11, which I saw was an option for fixing this issue, ironically. I have tried typing "netplwiz" and running it,...
  3. Problem with Administrator/Standard Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Administrator/Standard Account: Hello! I accidentally changed two of my Microsoft accounts from "Administrator" to "Standard." I am now unable to do a lot of things, including reinstalling Windows 11, which I saw was an option for fixing this issue, ironically. I have tried typing "netplwiz" and running it,...
  4. how to create a standard account to administrative account ??

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to create a standard account to administrative account ??: Hi! I have an standard account in my window 10 laptop and I want to create it as administrative account .I don`t find any solution plz help me in changing this .I have use command prompt also but when I type " net user administrator /active :yes " there come that "system...
  5. Changing Standard user account to Administrator account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing Standard user account to Administrator account: Split from this thread. how do I change administrator on this ProBook s series. administrator passed away gave this laptop to me but cannot change from owner guest to administrator? ***Original title: How do I change administrator on this laptop?***...
  6. changing standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    changing standard account to administrator account: by mistakely I have changed administrator account to standard account please help me to solve problem I cant finding any solutions for this...
  7. Local account to administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account to administrator: Hello all, Somehow, I've set up my laptop as local account instead of administrator *Redface*Redface Unable to make changes as I don't have administrator rights. I'm the only user on this PC, is it possible to change local account to administrator? Do you want to make...
  8. Change from standard account to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from standard account to administrator account: I was setting on my admin account to stardard account. Now I cannot install any program.. I don't have full control to my pc. Please tell me how to change back to orginal setting....
  9. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  10. Standard Local user Account issue

Standard Local user Account issue: Since upgrading within Windows 10, I've since noticed that I am unable to access my additional user accounts. My main account is fine and have no issue. When I go to log in to additional user account, i click sign in (no password set up for either of my additional...