Windows 10: Local account - as before - disconnect NIC cable

Discus and support Local account - as before - disconnect NIC cable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there as before (Win 8 / 8.1) if you want a LOCAL account simply during the setup phase just disconnect the NIC cable (or if on a VM detach the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Local account - as before - disconnect NIC cable

Hi there

as before (Win 8 / 8.1) if you want a LOCAL account simply during the setup phase just disconnect the NIC cable (or if on a VM detach the virtual NIC. Then go back a step and it will then prompt you for a local user.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2014

2. How to unlink local "Administrator" from Microsoft account

I can connect and disconnect a microsoft account to a local account with any other user, but it is impossible to disconnect the microsoft account from the local (builtin) administrator account - it was possible to connect, so it should be possible to disconnect.

The System was upgraded from Windows 7, the builtin Administrator account was enabled before upgrading

SolicitorGeneral, Oct 1, 2014
  3. Cannot use PIN to log in system

I think before TPM I'd try disconnecting my Microsoft Account (turn it back to a local account) and then go link it again and try adding a PIN

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 1, 2014
  4. theog Win User

theog, Oct 1, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Local account - as before - disconnect NIC cable - Similar Threads - Local account before

2. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  3. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAN cable disconnecting WIFI: We have just received our new DTF printer which users a LAN cable to connect this to the laptop. How ever when we connect this to the port it automatically disconnects the WiFi. This seem to be getting the priority over WiFi. The printer doesn't need a Internet connect just...
  4. LAN cable disconnecting WIFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. actiontec disconnect coaxial cable/

actiontec disconnect coaxial cable/: windos 10. i still have an actiontec MI424-wr router.can i disconnect the coax to move the router upstairs and then reconnect cable/ ? windows version 20H2 183460
  6. Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable

Internet Disconnecting LAN Cable: My internet disconnects like after every 15 seconds. Could be random sometimes, too. I've got a LAN Cable connected to my PC. I've tried changing the LAN Cable, asking my internet provider for help, but it's all useless. I can't play games from like the past week, because...
  7. I have an Ethernet NIC and a Wi-Fi card set up in a NIC team. If the Ethernet cable is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have an Ethernet NIC and a Wi-Fi card set up in a NIC team. If the Ethernet cable is...: Title. submitted by /u/LegoLivesMatter [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jrmjxi/i_have_an_ethernet_nic_and_a_wifi_card_set_up_in/
  8. Local NIC pings itself even after disconnecting the cable

Local NIC pings itself even after disconnecting the cable: I am using windows 10, I connect the ethernet cable into NIC port and ping the local NIC i.e. itself and pings successfully. But when I remove the cable disconnect, it still pings the same IP. Although in the previous version such as the Windows XP, it doesnt used to ping...
  9. Crazy nic issue with solid vs stranded cable??

Crazy nic issue with solid vs stranded cable??: Ugh. So I just pulled apart my keyhole jack/wallplates. Ran between my basement and office (3 floors) a half dozen times. Finally determined it was my cable. Let me explain. When I wired my house I had limited funds and so used the solid cable for my patch cables in...
  10. Windows 10 local IP doesn't work if network cable is disconnected

Windows 10 local IP doesn't work if network cable is disconnected: My local LAN which includes my laptop is setup as a static network. I have noticed that when the network cable is disconnected on the laptop I can't ping the laptop from itself. The VMs which are also on the laptop cannot ping the laptop's address from their local bridged...