Windows 10: local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse?

Discus and support local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my local admin account was converted into a Microsoft account , is there a way of reverse it ? Less than one month ago Windows 10 Pro was installed.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ron Wolpa, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Ron Wolpa Win User

local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse?

my local admin account was converted into a Microsoft account , is there a way of reverse it ?
    Less than one month ago Windows 10 Pro was installed. Let me explain you that there was already a windows 8 installation with kernel corrupted , version 10 recovered all exactly as it was , all programs installed and my configurations.
    Previously I had a administrator local account that remained the same after windows 10 installation. It happens that days after I logged in with my Hotmail account to the Microsoft Store to download a couple of items and unbeknownst to me my local admin account was transformed into a Microsoft account.
    Now I no longer wish to be logged all the time with this Microsoft account, I even have another admin local account if I want to change but I would have a lot of work to make it look like as it was my original converted account.
    In order to avoid such work I ask whether there is a way to “convert” (let´s call this way) the Microsoft account back into my local account or is there a way of copying all the configurations to a new admin local account ?

:)

Ron Wolpa, Feb 7, 2016

2. Local account converted to a Microsoft Account

Hi Jess,

Before we proceed on resolving your concern, may we confirm if you're still experiencing this query? 

We're looking forward to your response.

Justin Emb, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Local account converted to a Microsoft Account

I don't have that option you said. ie,
    s "Settings > Accounts > Sign in with a local account instead"

How do i get back to my admin login for the laptop.

Please help

-Srikanth

srikanthv13, Feb 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Feb 7, 2016
Thema:

1. local account converted to Microsoft acct., is there a way to reverse? - Similar Threads - local account converted

2. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  3. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert local account to microsoft account: When I installed windows I couldn't get online, so I created a local account. Now that I am online, I want to convert it into my Microsoft account but there is no option in account settings to switch to or from a local account, which is what every since guide is telling me I...
  4. Convert local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  6. Convert a Microsoft account to a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a Microsoft account to a local account: I had a local account on my PC that has been changed to a Microsoft account ever since I signed into the Microsoft Store app. I would like to change my account back to a local account. I don't want to create a new local account because then I'll have to re-install a lot of...
  7. Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft account conflict with local admin acct account: Hello,Sincerely, I was forced to login with my Microsoft account after Windows 10 reboot with no prior settings changes.After rebooting and everything was fine, then I got the screen to sign in with my Microsoft account which I tried closing but It kept coming back again.So I...
  8. Local account converted to Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local account converted to Microsoft account: I just signed up for office 365 family. the PC was set up with a local account which I used to sign on. Say user name is guest and password is ######. I opened I opened office.com sign in and started using office apps. Now my local logon is attached to my Microsoft...
  9. Convert Local Windows Account to Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Convert Local Windows Account to Microsoft Account: I recently converted an old Windows account to a local account with the intent to convert it to another account I currently use. The first conversion worked well, but when I tried to switch to the new account I'm hitting a roadblock. I may have inadvertently added the...
  10. Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account: Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the...