Windows 10: Local Account only possible in Windows 10?

Discus and support Local Account only possible in Windows 10? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi everyone, the tech preview was forcing you to use Microsoft accounts to setup - can you use a local only login in win 10? if you are updating from a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by macguru, Jul 28, 2015.

1. macguru Win User

Local Account only possible in Windows 10?

hi everyone, the tech preview was forcing you to use Microsoft accounts to setup - can you use a local only login in win 10? if you are updating from a system 8 with local only account does that work?

anyone been through it yet?

:)

macguru, Jul 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

I am logged into my Microsoft account and I want to log into the current I have used for years. When I followed instructions, it wants me to create a new instead of just adding the current one. How do I add the current one that
    has all of my settings already established on my computer?

Thanks.

Staci

local account, Jul 28, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Macguru, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Yes, you can setup Windows 10 with only a local account if you like. Step 20 in the tutorial below can help show you how to if doing it from a clean install.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

You just will not be able to use modern apps or the Store unless you sign in to the Store with a Microsoft account. Your account to sign in to Windows 10 will still be a local account though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Hope this helps, *Smile
    Shawn

Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  5. macguru Win User
    Thanks Shawn! I found the info on disabling the forced updating. Together these were my two biggest concerns so I should be good to go. Appreciate your help ! All the best!

macguru, Jul 28, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Local Account only possible in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Local Account possible

2. Windows 11 with local account only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with local account only?: I Just spent the morning in Windows 11 password hell where the machine required me to create an unwanted "Hello PIN" then required me to use a Microsoft account to log into my local machine. I don't want that AT ALL I don't want to use an email address , data from this...
  3. Windows 11 with local account only?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 with local account only?: I Just spent the morning in Windows 11 password hell where the machine required me to create an unwanted "Hello PIN" then required me to use a Microsoft account to log into my local machine. I don't want that AT ALL I don't want to use an email address , data from this...
  4. Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapped drives reconnecting only to local account: Windows 10: On my desktop running Windows 10Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎8/‎6/‎2020 OS build 19042.1466 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0 I log in using a local account and my husband using his Microsoft account to log in.We were having an...
  5. Two local accounts are required, is this possible?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two local accounts are required, is this possible?: I was asked to set up a new desktop which came with Windows 10 Pro 20H2, registered the owner with Microsoft and this allowed me to set up the local administrator account. But I also need a local user account. This is a group computer with everyone uses the same user...
  6. Two local accounts are required, is this possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two local accounts are required, is this possible?: I was asked to set up a new desktop which came with Windows 10 Pro 20H2, registered the owner with Microsoft and this allowed me to set up the local administrator account. But I also need a local user account. This is a group computer with everyone uses the same user...
  7. Is it possible to setup Windows 10 with local account only?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to setup Windows 10 with local account only?: I'm helping a friend out with his old laptop. He picked up a new one and wants this one cleaned up with a fresh install of Windows 10. It's to the point of the install where it is asking for an MS account login. He has his new one set up using his MS account and he just...
  8. Is it possible to use windows 10 "Find my device" with a local account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is it possible to use windows 10 "Find my device" with a local account?: Hello, I am using a local account on my W10 laptop. I would like to use Find my device. In settings > Update & Security > Find my device, I click on "sign in with your Microsoft account to use or change find my device". This takes me to the settings page Accounts > Your...
  9. Windows 10 Hardware Upgrade with ONLY a local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Hardware Upgrade with ONLY a local account.: Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my hardware (New CPU/Motherboard/Ram etc.) in the very near future and only use a local account - I upgraded directly from Windows 7. I have absolutely no intention of using a Microsoft account to sign into my current system or my future system...
  10. Is It Possible to have both a MS Account and a Local Account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is It Possible to have both a MS Account and a Local Account?: Hi, As someone else has stated, things seem to go horribly wrong when WIN 10 updates happen. The last update triggered (13-01-2016) the loss of access to the start menu, many apps, as well the apps store and MS Edge. The exact same thing happened with the first version...