Windows 10: Local Admin account password changed to unknown

Discus and support Local Admin account password changed to unknown in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My local administrator account password has evidently been changed to something unknown to me. I am sure I am typing the password correctly, I've... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KeoniT, Jul 4, 2017.

1. KeoniT Win User

Local Admin account password changed to unknown

My local administrator account password has evidently been changed to something unknown to me. I am sure I am typing the password correctly, I've carefully tried several times.

I have 3 local accounts on my machine and my Microsoft account (for purposes of this post I am not referring to that account as I never use it). 2 local accounts are "Standard Users," the third is my administrator account. The administrator account and one "Standard User" account passwords have changed to something unknown.

So, how do I change the password of the local administrator account? Can you even do that in 10?

I did see an online article that talked about Safe Mode that was pretty confusing, too many F8's being pressed.

I do have a recent image of my C: drive made before 1703 came into my life 2 weeks ago, which I can use if it comes down to that.

Thanks,

:)

KeoniT, Jul 4, 2017
  2. AkilMiki Win User

I know my online microsoft password, but my local admin password does not correlate with it

Sorry I should clarify:

I want to change the admin password, but I'm logged onto a local user which isn't granted permission to change the admin passcode. Only if you are the admin can you alter these settings. I have the "admin account and password" to log onto the online microsoft account,
    which I must have created when I added another user (being the admin user), but not the local admin password. I had one user on, which is the one I am currently on, but I added an admin account for whatever reason and changed my current to a local user. I
    don't remember requiring a passcode for the admin account, and my usual go-to passwords don't work with the local admin. So I need some assistance with getting this local admin passcode or changing it.

AkilMiki, Jul 4, 2017
  3. SenVels Win User
    I cant able to login my admin account

Hi, anyone help me,

I have two user accounts.

1. admin account @outlook.com

2. local account(standard account) @gmail.com

I forgot my password for ADMIN account. I cant even signin computer using admin account. I cant make changes to hard disk, because I make security level to high, to ask password for any changes in hard disk.

I m reset my outlook mail password & outlook Microsoft account password even though I'm not able to signin. it shows password wrong.

How to reset my admin password and how to change my admin rights to local account(standard account).

Anybody give me solution.

SenVels, Jul 4, 2017
  4. Try3 Win User

First of all, but this is a wild shot in the dark, some people have found that they went online to an MS service such as the Windows store and signed in but doing so converted the user account they happened to be logged into at the time into an MSAccount-linked account. So, if your sign-in failure gets annotated with a link to reset the password, follow it through

• If it leads to an attempt to reset your MSAccount password then you will know that the user account has been converted.
    • If it leads to being told to put in your password reset disk you will know that the user account remains a local user account.

If this is not the solution & your user account remains a local user account then I think you are going to have to
    1 restore the system image you referred to, or
    2 reinstall Windows 10, or
    3 take your computer to a local computer technician who might use unorthodox methods to gain entry & reset your password. You will have to make sure this is somebody you can trust because the procedure used will give them unfettered access to the whole of your computer.

Denis

Try3, Jul 4, 2017
  5. KeoniT Win User
    Solved? Working now, can login to administrator account. Did not reboot overnight. Apparently it has resolved on it's own. Maybe I learned how to type?
    Local Admin account password changed to unknown [​IMG]

Thanks for the suggestions.

KeoniT, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Bree New Member

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Local Admin account password changed to unknown - Similar Threads - Local Admin account

2. Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.: After setting up screen time using Windows CMD on the local admin account of a Windows 10 laptop, the accountwhich was not password protected automatically got locked up with an unknown password. The only accessible account on the system now is a "family safety" organiser...
  3. Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.: After setting up screen time using Windows CMD on the local admin account of a Windows 10 laptop, the accountwhich was not password protected automatically got locked up with an unknown password. The only accessible account on the system now is a "family safety" organiser...
  4. Local Windows 10 admin account automatically got locked up with an unknown password.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to change or remove an unknown local user password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change or remove an unknown local user password?: I bought a Windows 10 machine on an estate auction, a Dell rugged laptop with outdoor screen (out of warranty with Dell). Windows is configured to never require password for login. However, if I press Windows+L to lock it, it will ask me for a password, so apparently there is...
  6. Local admin account password - Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local admin account password - Windows 10: Hi, my laptop suffers from occasional disk errors and I get into disk repair mode. I get asked for a password I assume admin and enter it successfully - job done? Not exactly, I can't figure out how to change this password as I can't see a password change option under account...
  7. Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Policy for local standard vs local admin accounts: I have TEN Windows 10 Pro computers on a peer to peer network no domain. Each computer has 2 LOCAL non Microsoft accounts - 1 Admin and 1 standard user non-admin. Is it possible to set a password policy where the policy can be set against ONLY the LOCAL standard user...
  8. Default Admin with unknown password

Default Admin with unknown password: Backstory: Was establishing new windows images for some of my companies older computers. I factory-reset a Dell Inspiron Tower, with Win10. I didn't bother backing up anything because it wasn't necessary. After factory-reset was complete, I attempted to establish the GoDaddy...
  9. Change admin account password

Change admin account password: I am running WIN10 build 18362. I have the admin PW (not my MS account PW) so can login. I wish to change the admin PW. There are no other accounts on the machine. How can I make the change?...
  10. Local Account Password changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local Account Password changed: Hi, I have linked my Windows 10 app store to a BT provided email address. After rebooting it has asked me to login. It has changed my local account from my name to my BT email address and asking for a password. This is not my normal password and has seemed to link my BT...