Windows 10: Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager

Discus and support Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all.I am new to this and hope someone can help me.We have created a failover cluster for our SQL. When I log in using a Domain Admin user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeffrey Ooi, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager

Hi all.I am new to this and hope someone can help me.We have created a failover cluster for our SQL. When I log in using a Domain Admin user Domain\user, I can view the cluster manager.Login as domain administratorBut when I log in using a local admin local administrator group, I cannot/unable to view the failover cluster manager.Login as local administratorMay I know what permission I should granted to view the failover cluster manager when I log in as a local administrator?Thank you very much in advance.

:)

Jeffrey Ooi, Apr 18, 2024
  2. smgorham Win User

Windows 10 RSAT - Failover Cluster Manager

I installed the remote server admin tools yesterday to my Win10 enterprise which made me very happy at first. DNS, DHCP, ADUC all worked great. Then I opened failover cluster manager. Problems began.

We have dozens of MS clusters running 2003 and up, mostly 2008R2 or 2012R2. When I try and manage them I get

Connection Not Supported

Cluster XXXXXXX not supported

The cluster to which you are attempting to connect is not a version of the cluster supported by this version of Failover Cluster Manager

This is happening with all the clusters I need to manage. Is this a bug or "working as designed"?

smgorham, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Nir.Tal Win User
    Win. 10 Failover Cluster Manager error

Hey all,

When I'm trying to connect to VM via "Failover Cluster Manager" mmc I'm getting "Failed to connect to virtual machine 'xxx'. For more data, see 'Information Details'."

When connecting to VMs from Hyper-v Manager mmc the VMs open as expected.

My Hyper-v cluster is 2012-R2 with latest updates and my win. 10 is fully updated.

Any suggestions?

Nir

Nir.Tal, Apr 18, 2024
  4. ABULEEFEH Win User

Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager

Failover Cluster

Dears

We upgraded our environment from Windows Server 2012 R2 into Windows 2019

Everything seems to work normally except for Windows Failover Cluster Service

The service is not able to run at all with the event id1090

We removed the failover cluster feature and re-add it again; however, the problem persists

Please advise

Thank you

ABULEEFEH, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager

1. Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager - Similar Threads - Local admin cannot

2. Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local admin cannot view/launch failover cluster manager: Hi all.I am new to this and hope someone can help me.We have created a failover cluster for our SQL. When I log in using a Domain Admin user Domain\user, I can view the cluster manager.Login as domain administratorBut when I log in using a local admin local administrator...
  3. Failover Cluster Storage Replication

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Failover Cluster Storage Replication: We have a Windows failover cluster containing a shared disk assigned to a Role and want to set up replication from it.We tried removing the disk from the cluster to use DFS Replication, however we lose access to the network shares of the disk even once they are recreated with...
  4. Failover Cluster Storage Replication

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failover Cluster Storage Replication: We have a Windows failover cluster containing a shared disk assigned to a Role and want to set up replication from it.We tried removing the disk from the cluster to use DFS Replication, however we lose access to the network shares of the disk even once they are recreated with...
  5. Failover Cluster Storage Replication

6. Geo Failover Cluster, SAS disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Geo Failover Cluster, SAS disk: Hello,Im creating Geo failover cluster, already have 2x domain controllers on both side by one and on both side one same server, my problem is that i can not add SAS disk to cluster regarding that i have Eligible for Validation - True Disk partition style is GPT. Disk type is...
  7. Geo Failover Cluster, SAS disk

Geo Failover Cluster, SAS disk: Hello,Im creating Geo failover cluster, already have 2x domain controllers on both side by one and on both side one same server, my problem is that i can not add SAS disk to cluster regarding that i have Eligible for Validation - True Disk partition style is GPT. Disk type is...
  8. Failover Cluster

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failover Cluster: DearsWe upgraded our environment from Windows Server 2012 R2 into Windows 2019 Everything seems to work normally except for Windows Failover Cluster ServiceThe service is not able to run at all with the event id1090We removed the failover cluster feature and re-add it again;...
  9. Failover Cluster

Failover Cluster: DearsWe upgraded our environment from Windows Server 2012 R2 into Windows 2019 Everything seems to work normally except for Windows Failover Cluster ServiceThe service is not able to run at all with the event id1090We removed the failover cluster feature and re-add it again;...
  10. Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server

Failover Cluster VM did not migrated to another HyperV cluster host server: Hi All,I am having issues a few times that one of the failover Cluster HyperV host server01 got one physical network port disconnected don't know how as the switch was showing connecting and up and all VMs on that Host server got down. we have four network ports teaming...