Windows 10: Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise

Discus and support Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a weird issue with my group policy that only affects Windows 10 Education clients. The GPO to give local admin rights will not come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by muels7, Nov 27, 2016.

1. muels7 Win User

Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise

Hello, I am having a weird issue with my group policy that only affects Windows 10 Education clients. The GPO to give local admin rights will not come down on the Education clients. All of my clients that are on Windows 10 Pro, it comes down fine.

I work in a large school district, so I need to be able to give teachers rights to install their own software as our tech dept. is not large enough to handle all of the software request. I have a GPO that gives local admin rights just to the teacher groups in group policy.

All of our Windows 10 Pro Clients are on version 1511, but for Windows 10 Education, we have clients on both version 1511, and 1607. The version does not seem to make a different. Also, all our domain controllers are on Server 2008 R2, so our domain level is 2008.

:)

muels7, Nov 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 home upgrading to pro or enterprise no possible

thank you I had windows home and upgrade to education.

Now I have clean installation of windows 10 enterprise.

And now I have problems with GPO from windows 2008 r2 server.

No GPOs applied on windows 10

DamjanHajsek, Nov 27, 2016
  3. dbzrfl Win User
    After Windows 10 Creators Update, Power Options are Missing/Unavailable

I have two problems the first being the power options are missing.

My other problem being that windows would not run updates, because they are managed by a administrator.

about 3 months ago I setup a test WSUS, for some reason Windows 10 creator, reverted back to the wsus settings and changed my local group policy back to the original test update server gpo.

It seems as if the update caused the workstations to use a default GPO, hence why making changes on the on Active Directory will fix the issue. I think making changes to a domain controller are to drastic of a fix.

I wonder how close Windows 10, Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions are related to each other, because I think the problem is more with settings from the education edition over-ridding the Pro version of Windows 10.

I just assume the education version is locked down some, and maybe by default those options are managed.

I still feel it is using residual settings from gpos.

Just my thoughts but if I am wrong please correct.

dbzrfl, Nov 27, 2016
  4. muels7 Win User

Still having this issue and haven't been able to figure out anything. Anyone have any ideas?

muels7, Dec 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Local Admin GPO not coming down on Windows 10 Education/Enterprise - Similar Threads - Local Admin GPO

2. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  3. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.: Hello! I have Question About Windows Editions, specificly about Windows Edition Comparisons.I Already Did Read Refrence Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/windows-10-editions-for-education-customers-bf2572aa-5555-2b1e-f7ce-81e8ba890444But it does not give more...
  4. Windows 10, Editions, Pro Education, Enterprise & Education, Edition Comparison.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Education vs. Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Education vs. Windows 10 Professional/Enterprise: Good afternoon,I am researching software that requires Microsoft Windows 10 [Professional, Enterprise] version 1703, or higher but the laptops we are using have Windows 10 Education Version 1909 10.0.18363.1916, Version 20H210.0.19042.1348 and Version 20H2 10.0.19042.1288. I...
  6. Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Education: Hi, I am trying to upgrade my wife's laptop from Windows 7 Enterprise Edition SP1 which she got at her previous academic institution to Windows 10 Education Edition which we purchased via her current academic institution. I would like to do so by updating the existing...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education: After updating Windows 10 to v1903 Windows 10 Enterprise turns into Education[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-turns-into-education/a3c76a3a-241d-48ff-a1ea-21ebb5d31db7"
  8. Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Virtual Desktop for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education: Today, we are announcing Windows Virtual Desktop, the best virtualized Windows and Office experience delivered on Azure. Windows Virtual Desktop is the only cloud-based service that delivers a multi-user Windows 10 experience, optimized for Office 365 ProPlus, and includes...
  9. Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Education - Disable Run Command GPO: Hello, I've been doing some testing on a Windows 10 Education build. After imaging and locking down users via Group Policy i have noticed a security issue when logged on as a standard user. I cannot stop standard users being able to UNC from either the search bar or...
  10. Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enterprise vs Enterprise LTSB vs Education?: Are these 3 versions essentially identical out of the box, except for the way Windows Update works? 18153