Windows 10: Local and Microsoft account

Discus and support Local and Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account? 91688 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Clint, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

Local and Microsoft account

Can you have a different name for the local and Microsoft account?

:)

Clint, Aug 17, 2017

2. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Aug 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

I am logged into my Microsoft account and I want to log into the current I have used for years. When I followed instructions, it wants me to create a new instead of just adding the current one. How do I add the current one that
    has all of my settings already established on my computer?

Thanks.

Staci

local account, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Clint, *Smile

I'm not sure what the end goal is for, but it is required that all accounts on the PC have different user names.

Brink, Aug 17, 2017
  5. Clint Win User
    What happened was, I was on my wife's PC and went to the App Store. I must have not setup a MSA for her, so I put in mine to get to the Store. We both use the same E-mail at Outlook.com. Now her local user account has her name and her MSA has my name.

Clint, Aug 17, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, ok. I see now.

You have added your MSA to used by other apps in her local account.

The only way to have the MSA use the same display name as the local account would be to change the name of the MSA. However, this would affect all PCs that use this MSA though.

Brink, Aug 17, 2017
  7. Clint Win User
    Thanks Brink, I will try to straiten it out.

Clint, Aug 17, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Please let is know how it went.

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  9. Clint Win User
    As far as I can tell, I have it solved. Sign in on her PC with a MSA. From Settings >Accounts> preferences> Edit Name. I created her a new MSA account with Hotmail sign in. It all looks OK now.

Clint, Aug 18, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Having her own MSA is a good option.

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  11. Clint Win User
    It's still not solved. On my PC, my wife's pic with my e-mail is on Store. I will work on it some more.

Local and Microsoft account [​IMG]

Clint, Aug 18, 2017
  12. mrgeek Win User
    You can change the picture for each account at accounts.live.com. Sign in, click 'Edit name' then 'Change picture' on next screen. Or click your avatar in Store will take you to same pages.

mrgeek, Aug 18, 2017
  13. Clint Win User

I did that. (see post 7) It came back.

Clint, Aug 18, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Clint,

It will depend on which MSA you signed in to the Store with for what you'll see.

Brink, Aug 18, 2017
  15. Clint Win User
    I signed in on my PC with my MSA.

Clint, Aug 18, 2017
Thema:

1. Local and Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Local Microsoft account

2. Local account and Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Local account and Microsoft account: Hi, I recently switched my windows 10 computer from the Microsoft account to a local account. Since I have no use for the "Microsoft account", that is the Microsoft account online to which my windows 10 is connected, can I delete the Microsoft account? I don't use any...
  3. Local Account / Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Account / Microsoft Account: I have a desktop & a laptop and on both the devices I have logged in with my Microsoft account, but unlike my desktop when I login to my laptop, it makes me sign with a password not a pin which I had setup myself in Settings>Sign-in options>Password. To remove this I simply...
  4. local microsoft account

local microsoft account: How do I know if my Microsoft account is local? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-microsoft-account/a0b88460-223e-41a7-8145-f0556d0922d8
  5. Local account to microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Local account to microsoft account?: So my microsft account is linked with a activated windows theres no problem with that. I built a pc and before installing windows with a local account i have some question. I know you can log in with your microsoft account after seting it up with a local account but will the...
  6. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  7. Local and Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local and Microsoft Account: First time using this and I normally can fix issues quite easily but this one has me stumped I have windows 10 and started with a local account using my Hotmail email address. Lets Call it the Neil local account. Later on in the year I then set up a Microsoft family...
  8. Microsoft account or local account ?

Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  9. Microsoft account or local account ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft account or local account ?: Because i am keep getting microsoft account problem every day, i am planning to start login with local account instead microsoft account. Before i change to local account i would like to ask some question here. 1. What windows feature will be lost if i am not using mc...
  10. local account/Microsoft account

local account/Microsoft account: I have been using Windows 10 for about a week. I set up two accounts - one administrator, the other regular user. When attempting to update Windows 10, I got a message saying because I did not login a Microsoft account, some updates couldn't be downloaded. So, I had to create...