Windows 10: Local app to VM running on local machine.

Discus and support Local app to VM running on local machine. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a laptop running an Allstarlink node in a Hyper-V virtual machine using Hyper-V's external switch. I would like to have a local laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TFiorda, Feb 24, 2024.

1. TFiorda Win User

Local app to VM running on local machine.

I have a laptop running an Allstarlink node in a Hyper-V virtual machine using Hyper-V's external switch. I would like to have a local laptop application, iaxRpt, connect to this VM and connect to the software running in it. i.e. Laptop running Hyper-V VM. VM running Allstarlink app. App on laptop outside of VM running iaxRpt connecting to Allstarlink in VM. This works as long as I am connecting from a 2nd Windows machine but not with both on the internal. Connecting from laptop Edge to Allstarlink in VM works fine. I can ping the VM ip address from anywhere.Allstarlink, iaxRpt are bo

:)

TFiorda, Feb 24, 2024
  2. Pantz Win User

Converting Local Machine to use in VM ware

Hello Guys and Gals, I would would like to Convert my Local Machine to a use in VMware, ( I did a test run on a laptop of mine which was successful. )

I would like to do the same thing on my Local machine, i have VMware running on my local machine ( with several OS on it which are working fine )

I would like to add my local machine to the VM that is on my local machine, and use the newly Created Local VM in VMware,

could i use the newly created Local VM as a form of Backup ?

Could i use the newly created local VM as my main OS in VMware ?

Thanks in advance

Pantz, Feb 24, 2024
  3. Local vs Network user accounts

I just did a VM install, just to verify that I don't speak total crap.

Steps I took:

1. Installed Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 15063.0
    2. Entered the License Key
    3. Created a local account
    4. Went to accounts and added my Microsoft account
    5. Let Windows use this account for all apps
    6. Checked status on Microsoft account web page.
    7. Verified that the VM shows up there
    8. deleted my VM locally
    9. created a new VM installation without entering the License Key (on same VM but totally new Virtual disk)
    10. re-did steps 3-7
    11. verified that my VM is activated.

And indeed it is activated and I login to my VM using local account which is linked to my MS account. Local app to VM running on local machine. :)

Should I create a Video of this or do you trust my word on it? Or better yet test it yourself if you have a valid license key you can waste on a VM.

slicendice, Feb 24, 2024
  4. Local app to VM running on local machine.

Local VM's no longer able to be RDP'ed

For over a year, without fail, I've had multiple locally hosted HyperV VM's that I have never had an issue connecting to using Remote Desktop. Now, it seems with Win10 21H2 update, I can no longer use Remote Desktop to connect to them and now have to use the crappy built in num-locks turning off "Connect" built into Hyper-V Manager.

I should mention that this is a work laptop that is connected to the company network via VPN software (this has never prevented local RDP connections before).

When I do use the built in "Connect" I am able to ping the host machine, I can browse files on the host machine, etc. I cannot from the host machine ping the VM, browse files, RDP into it, etc.

Has anyone had this issue? I've tried searching, but most anything I find is from 5-6 years ago (or older) and not relevant.

• I've done the Registry D-Word add.
    • I've made and unmade changes to firewall to allow.
    • I've made sure it's allowed via Firewall (firewall is turned off).
    • Remote Desktop is allowed on the VM.
    • I've added the VM's IP and host name to the host file.
    • I've made sure NetBios is either on or set to default.
    These are Win10 VM's on a Win10 Host.

Local app to VM running on local machine. 43deeeb2-28bd-43d5-b1cf-5884d518337b?upload=true.png

Steve-o R-o, Feb 24, 2024
Thema:

Local app to VM running on local machine.

1. Local app to VM running on local machine. - Similar Threads - Local app running

2. Local app to VM running on local machine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local app to VM running on local machine.: I have a laptop running an Allstarlink node in a Hyper-V virtual machine using Hyper-V's external switch. I would like to have a local laptop application, iaxRpt, connect to this VM and connect to the software running in it. i.e. Laptop running Hyper-V VM. VM running...
  3. Local VM's no longer able to be RDP'ed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local VM's no longer able to be RDP'ed: For over a year, without fail, I've had multiple locally hosted HyperV VM's that I have never had an issue connecting to using Remote Desktop. Now, it seems with Win10 21H2 update, I can no longer use Remote Desktop to connect to them and now have to use the crappy built in...
  4. Local VM's no longer able to be RDP'ed

Local VM's no longer able to be RDP'ed: For over a year, without fail, I've had multiple locally hosted HyperV VM's that I have never had an issue connecting to using Remote Desktop. Now, it seems with Win10 21H2 update, I can no longer use Remote Desktop to connect to them and now have to use the crappy built in...
  5. Local VM's no longer able to be RDP'ed

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Error of service on local machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error of service on local machine: i noticed this error in reliability manager of windows i see this error pretty much frequently i tried to figure out what is the cause but i don't get it. This error is the error of Tpmprovisioningservice.exeHere is a screenshot of the above mentioned issue please advice...
  7. Error of service on local machine

Error of service on local machine: i noticed this error in reliability manager of windows i see this error pretty much frequently i tried to figure out what is the cause but i don't get it. This error is the error of Tpmprovisioningservice.exeHere is a screenshot of the above mentioned issue please advice...
  8. Permission to delete from local machine

Permission to delete from local machine: Hi, I've been trying to delete mcafee from my local machine as my new security app won't work until all of mcafee is deleted but I need permission to delete it as it was pre-downloaded onto my laptop. How do I go about getting permission?...
  9. After KB890830 perform a scan on the local machine, will there be records shown in local...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After KB890830 perform a scan on the local machine, will there be records shown in local...: Hi,I am seeking for expertise on KB890830, after the KB890830 have been remote send to each local computers for scanning, how can i find or prove that it had been done scanning on the local computer....
  10. Converting Local Machine to use in VM ware

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Converting Local Machine to use in VM ware: Hello Guys and Gals, I would would like to Convert my Local Machine to a use in VMware, ( I did a test run on a laptop of mine which was successful. ) I would like to do the same thing on my Local machine, i have VMware running on my local machine ( with several OS on it...