Windows 10: Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have a computer running Windows 10 Home edition and trying to print to a HP LaserJet Printer over a Network. All was fine until a couple of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WendyCavin, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home

Hi

I have a computer running Windows 10 Home edition and trying to print to a HP LaserJet Printer over a Network. All was fine until a couple of weeks ago (no idea what happened) the printer seemed to have uninstalled itself. I have re-installed, shared the printer, but just one computer won't print, when I open the queue it has 'local downlevel document', what is this and how do I get rid of it?

Thank you

:)

WendyCavin, Jul 11, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

How do I get rid of a local downlevel document that is holding up my printing queue in Windows 10?

Hi,

Kindly answer the question below for us to better assist you with your concern:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Aside from restarting the Print spooler and deleting the files inside the spool folder, what other troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Are you receiving any error messages when printing a document or when deleting the "local downlevel document" in the print queue?
    • Does the issue occurs when you print using different applications?
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Jul 11, 2018
  3. ELKeck Win User
    How do I get rid of a local downlevel document that is holding up my printing queue in Windows 10?

Have been running Windows 10 for years now without a hitch right up until
    this morning (5/11/17)
    . Three MS updates were installed overnight. I logged in
    this morning (5/11/17) and tried to print a document to a networked printer (same way I have for years) and nothing happened. Checked the queue and a file called "local downlevel document" shows up before the document I printed. I cannot
    delete the document. I logged off, logged on as Administrator, stopped the spooler, emptied the c:\windows\system32\spool=printers folder then restarted the spooler. I then printed a test document with no problem. But when I logged in as a user (with administrative
    powers), and tried to print, the local downlevel document showed up again. I have researched this and see a solution for Windows 7 and Vista and earlier versions of Windows but no solution for Windows 10. Since I first posted this I am now unable to connect
    to the network printers. I am unable to print from any application that I have tried, including MS Office products and Adobe Acrobat Pro. No error messages of any kind are given. Any suggestions?

ELKeck, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home

1. Local Downlevel Document Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Local Downlevel Document

2. Remote Downlevel Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Downlevel Document: HelloI am facing a printing problem wherein documents in the print queue display as 'Remote Downlevel Document' and when the document is printed it sometimes print form of a code. I have updated the printer firmware.I have tried PostScript3 drivers and PCL 6 drivers from the...
  3. Remote Downlevel Document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Downlevel Document: HelloI am facing a printing problem wherein documents in the print queue display as 'Remote Downlevel Document' and when the document is printed it sometimes print form of a code. I have updated the printer firmware.I have tried PostScript3 drivers and PCL 6 drivers from the...
  4. Critical: Spooling HANGS "Local Downlevel Document" failure after KB5006670 - Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Critical: Spooling HANGS "Local Downlevel Document" failure after KB5006670 - Windows 10...: This is CRITICAL. This issue is spreading like widefire through our Windows 10 Pro Feature 21H1 x86 and x64 PC's! I have already spent MANY Hours trying to get around this and the only workaround is to print to Microsoft Print to PDF, attach the PDF to an E-Mail to oneself...
  5. Critical: Spooling HANGS "Local Downlevel Document" failure after KB5006670 - Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical: Spooling HANGS "Local Downlevel Document" failure after KB5006670 - Windows 10...: This is CRITICAL. This issue is spreading like widefire through our Windows 10 Pro Feature 21H1 x86 and x64 PC's! I have already spent MANY Hours trying to get around this and the only workaround is to print to Microsoft Print to PDF, attach the PDF to an E-Mail to oneself...
  6. Critical: Spooling HANGS "Local Downlevel Document" failure after KB5006670 - Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. C:\Windows\System32\downlevel How to i rebuild downlevel if I need to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:\Windows\System32\downlevel How to i rebuild downlevel if I need to?: How would i regenerate those files, if needed. submitted by /u/Boocheus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtp4ve/cwindowssystem32downlevel_how_to_i_rebuild/
  8. Downlevel version of Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downlevel version of Edge: I am trying to track down a problem with Edge and Internet explorer 11. I believe that the issue might be related to the version of the browser. To confirm this idenpendently i need to download a specific version of the browser and test the issue. Does anyone know where i...
  9. Local Downlevel Document preventing printing

Local Downlevel Document preventing printing: I have a user, who if he reboots his PC (for any reason), when he logs back in, and tries to print a document, two files will show up. The file he needs to print, and a "Local Downlevel Document" file. That LDD file will not print and locks up the queue until I remove the...
  10. Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10

Local Downlevel Document issue Windows 10: We have one user, who is running Windows 10, if he restarts his computer and tries to print, will get two documents in his print queue. One is the document itself, the other is a file called "Local Downlevel Document". This file gets stuck in the queue. In order to get rid of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. local downlevel document

2. local downlevel document in print queue

3. local downlevel document windows 10

4. what is a local downlevel document,
  5. what is local downlevel document,
  6. windows downlevel computer,
  7. downlevel problem in win 10,
  8. localdownleveldocument,
  9. remote downlevel document error,
  10. Printer queue local downlevel document,
  11. local downlevel document printing windows 10,