Windows 10: Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension

Discus and support Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Anyone know why this particular group policy edit setting quit working after the W10 v1803 update? It is not a big deal I just have a lot of xps files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hemimax, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Hemimax Win User

Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension

Anyone know why this particular group policy edit setting quit working after the W10 v1803 update? It is not a big deal I just have a lot of xps files and really do not want to start mixing oxps files with them. The 1803 update did not restore the original gpedit defaults and the other mods I have made have stuck since I upgraded to W10. I did a restart and gpupdate in command prompt to no avail.

Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension [​IMG]

:)

Hemimax, Apr 15, 2018

2. xpsport as a filename

Yes, when using XPS Document Writer to print it names the file xpsport with no extension.

If I rename the file and give it the extension .xps I can then read it. I've used XPS Doc.

Writer in 8.1 with no problem. After updating to W10 every time I use XPS Doc. Writer

I have to give the document a meaning full name with .xps extension to read it. I've been

through the deleting and adding the XPS Doc. Writer and driver several times with no

change. I don't understand how the port name winds up as the file name.

richardpope70, Apr 15, 2018
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    download microsoft xps document writer v4

Hi Patty, that is the version that comes with Windows 10 . . .

This is how to reinstall the XPS Document Writer in Windows 10

Open Control Panel

Go Devices and Printers and select Add a Printer

Select Local Printer.

Under the existing Port pulldown menu, select XPS Port

Select next

The select Microsoft, under manufacturer

The select Microsoft XPS Document writer. Next . . .

That's it!

DaveM121, Apr 15, 2018
Thema:

Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension

1. Local Group Policy Editor Microsoft XPS Document Writer xps extension - Similar Threads - Local Group Policy

2. I deleted XPS Document Writer!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted XPS Document Writer!: I ignorantly deleted XPS Document Writer printer. I've tried every process I could find online...I've tried adding a printer manually using an existing port and even creating a port...using Microsoft as manufacturer...there are no XPS Writer Options. Tried this:1. Press...
  3. I deleted XPS Document Writer!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted XPS Document Writer!: I ignorantly deleted XPS Document Writer printer. I've tried every process I could find online...I've tried adding a printer manually using an existing port and even creating a port...using Microsoft as manufacturer...there are no XPS Writer Options. Tried this:1. Press...
  4. Fix Microsoft XPS Document Writer not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft XPS Document Writer not working: [ATTACH]In this article, we will discuss what you should do if you find that the Microsoft XPS Document writer is not working on your Windows 11/10 device. Microsoft XPS Document Writer is a print-to-file driver that is used to create XPS (XML Paper Specification) files on a...
  5. xps writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xps writer: I just purchased this computer and it does not have xps document writer. I need this to have my quickbooks work properly. How can i fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xps-writer/184b401a-2426-4f5b-905f-a9b1288c47e2
  6. Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Microsoft XPS Document Writer: Microsoft XPS Document Writer inadvertently deleted this printer. It is needed for Quickbooks to email. How and can I reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-xps-document-writer/4b45010a-a2c7-4b8f-aec0-6107c5642424
  7. Microsoft XPS Document Writer gone again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft XPS Document Writer gone again!: After your recent update I am unable to use Microsoft XPS document writer, which I need to run Quickbooks. Same problem occurred last year. Please help again....
  8. reinstalling microsoft XPS document writers Windows !0

reinstalling microsoft XPS document writers Windows !0: I've tried all the suggestions nothing works. I just want to reinstall the program for quickbooks. If I uninstall windows 10 and reinstall windows will this work. It just disappeared 5 days ago....
  9. Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Microsoft XPS Document Writer: I have Microsoft XPS Document Writer and can print to it but I cant read any of the files from my previous computer that were dprinted to it. I have several years of files save to this printe and cant ready any of them since replacing my previous computer....
  10. microsoft xps document writer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft xps document writer: how to get Microsoft xps document writer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-xps-document-writer/96f1d195-bb23-482c-94e1-6c70ca36f3fd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. server group policy add missing xps

2. group policy to set default printer as microsoft xps document writer

3. Microsoft xps document writer policy

4. group policy edit on dell xps