Windows 10: Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

Discus and support Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChrisRTech, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

Hello everyone. This is my first post to this forum. I hope someone can help me out. I am having a problem with Local Group Policy. I have been experimenting with this just for learning purposes and I am stumped by something. One of the first things I tried doing was removing icons from the system tray. I figured it would be a quick way of knowing if changes are taking effect. I noticed though that if I enable the Policy called "Remove Clock From System Notification Area" under Start Menu and Taskbar, that it will indeed remove the clock but I can not get it to come back. I have tried setting it back to disabled or Not Configured and it still will not show. I have tried Gpupdate /force and multiple restarts. Nothing changes. Now, if I choose some other policy setting such as "Remove the Battery Meter" then I can turn it on and off just fine. Is it possible there is a glitch with some policy settings? Is anyone able to try this on a test PC to see if they experience the same issue? Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

ChrisRTech, Aug 29, 2015
  2. MMH911 Win User

After Windows 10 Creators Update, Power Options are Missing/Unavailable

Yes I did edit the Default Domain Policy for the forest, not the local policy.

MMH911, Aug 29, 2015
  3. After Windows 10 Creators Update, Power Options are Missing/Unavailable

Just to be clear- you created a group policy, not just changed the local security policy of the PDC?

MichaelMcNett, Aug 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch?

Brink, Aug 29, 2015
  5. I actually went in and manually removed the files in those folders earlier and that did not work. To be sure I ran the .bat file from the page you gave me. No difference.

ChrisRTech, Aug 29, 2015
  6. Seems like a glitch, even when I remove the policy via reg, it will not appear when explorer is restarted.

reg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "HideClock" /f
    reg delete "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer" /v "HideClock" /f

The clock has to be enabled manually afterwards via Turn system icons on settings.

TairikuOkami, Aug 29, 2015
  7. So as a total noob to this sort of thing, I might have discovered a bug? Anyway, yes I have tried everything. I have went into the registry and even manually added the HideClock and set it to 0. I have removed policy files on the PC, pretty much everything. It seems like the system just totally ignores anything I change regarding the clock. This kind of lowers my confidence in group policy settings in general.

Quick Question. How do you bring those options up? I was looking around for a way to see if I can choose what is shown in the System Tray but didn't find it. I remember being able to easily modify the setting in other versions of Windows.

ChrisRTech, Aug 29, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 29, 2015
  9. Thanks everyone. At least I can get the clock back now. I submitted the Feedback regarding this issue with the Store App

ChrisRTech, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Local Group Policy Issue. Policy not changing. Glitch? - Similar Threads - Local Group Policy

2. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  3. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working: Hi,I tried to prompt the user to input his new password after a period of time. For testing purpose, i set one day on the Maximum password age. However, the requiring input of password was not activated. after one day, the user was still not requested for submitting his new...
  4. Password policy on Local Group Policy Editor not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Local Group Policy - PAC File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Group Policy - PAC File: Hello,Is there a place in the local group policy where I can specify a PAC file that applies to the computer for any user?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy-pac-file/ff3827e7-44ca-4d5b-a537-70751622272d
  6. Local group policies

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local group policies: Hello, I have issue with windows 10 home basic. There is no options for Administrative Templates inLocal Group Policies. Please resolve this issue...[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policies/bdbb2977-adf0-4aed-a08d-4dd5601fffac
  7. local group policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    local group policy: I have windows 10 home edition 1903 and I need to edited the local group policy but I can't seem to find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-group-policy/c696e164-1135-4b8b-b687-38f4b18d1f6f
  8. Backup and Restore Local Group Policies

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore Local Group Policies: Is there a way to backup and restore all local and group policies entered in Windows 10? Is there a way to share local and group policy settings in Windows 10? I searched for Powershell scripts that can be used to change local and group policies but could not find any...
  9. Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11) Policies in local group policy ?: Dear forum readers, I know it's possible to configure Wireless settings by policy. However it seems absent from the local group policy, which is where I would like to put it. How can I do ? Maybe it would work if I copy the corresponding "Wireless Network (IEEE 802.11)...
  10. applying local group policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    applying local group policy: Hi ive no experience applying group policy settings. What I'm hoping for is that I can have certain registry configurations applied cross all users. If I downloaded a registry.pol configuration, how do I apply this actually? So I've copied the file to...