Windows 10: Local HD searches slow & not completing

Discus and support Local HD searches slow & not completing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to do searches on my hard drives as in plural I have two internal hard drives one of which is a 1 TB that is divided into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Wonder Woman, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Local HD searches slow & not completing

Hello,

I have been trying to do searches on my hard drives as in plural I have two internal hard drives one of which is a 1 TB that is divided into two partitions. The search has been painfully slow and pretty much never completing to the end to review results. I do not understand why my search feature on my local machine in windows 10 is not completing and giving me any results as in it doesn't even tell me that nothing was found. Does anybody have any experience with this particular problem? Is there anyway to check if disc indexing is turned on or off and does anyone know whether it is better and more performance enhancing to have it turned either on or off as in one way or the other? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

:)

Wonder Woman, Oct 28, 2015

2. Google+ Apps for Nokia N8?

I would recommend Google HD Browser at this point. It is a bit slow, but the app is being actively maintained, and that is most important when dealing with changing requirements (APIs) at Google's end.

Windows Phone Games and Apps - Opera Mobile Store

kurtkaufman---01, Oct 28, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

Local HD searches slow & not completing

1. Local HD searches slow & not completing - Similar Threads - Local searches slow

2. HD LED blinking starts to slow down then stop completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD LED blinking starts to slow down then stop completely: I’m booting I’m up my ROG STRIX laptop and it’s hard drive light’s blinking slows down then stops, and then I get a BSOD, I checked in BIOS and it says the CPU is spiking to 100°C, last night I kept getting game crashes which only happens when the Laptop is in Turbo mode, I...
  3. HD LED blinking starts to slow down then stop completely

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HD LED blinking starts to slow down then stop completely: I’m booting I’m up my ROG STRIX laptop and it’s hard drive light’s blinking slows down then stops, and then I get a BSOD, I checked in BIOS and it says the CPU is spiking to 100°C, last night I kept getting game crashes which only happens when the Laptop is in Turbo mode, I...
  4. HD LED blinking starts to slow down then stop completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow HD to HD copying in Windows 10: Why does it take so much longer to copy a file from download directory on the C: drive to the file storage on the E: drive than it takes to download the same file from the internet? Both are high-speed WD Black 6TB drives. This happens on multiple computers, and it has been...
  6. Slow Search

in Cortana
    Slow Search: Each time I log onto Windows 10, I need to run the Searching and Indexing troubleshooter and get message that the "Windows Search function is not working." Once Windows Search is FIXED it works well until I log off and then log back on later. I have to repeat the process each...
  7. Wifi slow on local account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi slow on local account: Hello, I have a Dell laptop, which has 2 accounts: one is signed in with Microsoft account signed in at OOBE, other is a local account I created in setting. The problem is when I'm using the local account, my internet speed is extremely slow 4 times slower than the Microsoft...
  8. Searching for Win10XPE_1803R_180908_x64.iso (HD failure)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching for Win10XPE_1803R_180908_x64.iso (HD failure): Greetings, I'm on a serious HD failure (need to recover some data). Is it possible to provide me a valid link to this famous recover tool? (via PM, perhaps) Thanks in advance. 158190
  9. Slow Youtube search

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Youtube search: Hi Folks, When in the YouTube page and searching in the YouTube search box there is a real lag to the text typing. If I do the same in explorer it is fine. Any ideas? 100429
  10. slow access to hd with millions of files

in Windows 10 Support
    slow access to hd with millions of files: We have our security cameras recording to a 3 TB hard drive and it tends to get loaded with LOTS of files, well into the millions, loaded into subfolders based on camera, year, month, whether photos or videos (ex: f:\hikvision2\2017\01\photos). Access to this hard drive has...