Windows 10: Local User Account and OneDrive

Discus and support Local User Account and OneDrive in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; From what I have read, in order to use OneDrive (integrated in the OS, not the web browser), you have to use a MSA account to login to the computer in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by jaesun, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jaesun Win User

Local User Account and OneDrive

From what I have read, in order to use OneDrive (integrated in the OS, not the web browser), you have to use a MSA account to login to the computer in order to use OneDrive.

Is there a way to use a Local user account, while still using OneDrive without using a web browser? Even if it means I have to login everytime I open the drive from Windows Explorer? I plan on installing Win10 and using a local account to use the computer (I have a MSA account that I can use for OneDrive, but don't plan on using it to login to the computer itself).

Thanks in advance

:)

jaesun, Mar 17, 2016
  2. Linney Win User

Cannot change default save location to local drive.

"•If you sign in to Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1 with a local account, then you can only use the OneDrive app to browse your PC. To browse your OneDrive files while signed in to a local account in Windows 8.1, you'll need to go to OneDrive.com."

OneDrive Integration in Windows 8.1 - Enable or Disable

OneDrive Integration in Windows 8.1 - Enable or Disable

How to Disable OneDrive Completely

How to Completely Disable OneDrive

OneDrive Support

OneDrive help - Office Support

Does it make any difference if you switch from a Microsoft Account to a Local Account, or vice versa?

Introducing Windows 8: Should You Use a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?

Introducing Windows 8.1: Should You Use a Local or a Microsoft Account? | Digital Citizen

HTG Explains: Microsoft Accounts vs. Local Accounts in Windows 8

All the Features That Require a Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Does it make any difference if you just test with another Windows user account rather than your current account?

Create a user account Windows 8.1

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Linney, Mar 17, 2016
  3. grahambm Win User
    Help with location of user folders when Onedrive and Dropbox are being used.

I changed the name of Onedrive folder to OLD1D in user account. Then I uninstalled Onedrive completely. Not done yet, but I will also now delete the OLD1D user folder.

Everything now looks OK and files are synced (by Dropbox). Back to a basic local account install.

grahambm, Mar 17, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Jaesun, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

When you sign in to OneDrive using OPTION TWO below, you would still need to sign in with a Microsoft account, but you can do so while still remaining signed in to Windows 10 with a local account.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Local User Account and OneDrive - Similar Threads - Local User Account

2. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  3. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  4. removing a local user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    removing a local user account: I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-local-user-account/87ea0603-d0fd-4375-a12b-a2b6f0a80b27
  5. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  6. local user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  7. Local user accounts no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user accounts no internet: Hello, Recently after a Windows Update restart, my local user account loses internet until I sign in once to an administrator account. This problem persisted everytime I restart the computer. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Does anyone know the fix to this please?...
  8. Changing to a local user account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing to a local user account.: Hey guys, I am thinking of changing to a local user account. My main questions is, when there is a windows update (1809 to 1903) would my personal settings be still there when i upgrade or will I have to redo my settings? Also, if I change to a local account, would that...
  9. OneDrive and Local Account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Account login: Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks. 11996
  10. OneDrive and local account

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and local account: Can OneDrive be used with a local account? I Know I would have to login with a MS account but can this be done from a local account? 23393

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows user account on onedrive