Windows 10: Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel

Discus and support Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I now have an item (Windows 7 Backup & Recovery) in my control panel. I'd like to know the GUID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YanAndrew, May 25, 2016.

1. YanAndrew Win User

Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel

Hi Guys,

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, so I now have an item (Windows 7 Backup & Recovery) in my control panel. I'd like to know the GUID for this Windows 7 Backup & Recovery item.

Is there a way I can achieve that?

Regards,
    Andrew

:)

YanAndrew, May 25, 2016
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, May 25, 2016
  3. Control Panel Items

I cannot provide a screenshot.

FrankWilloughby, May 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Locating the GUID of an item in Control Panel - Similar Threads - Locating GUID item

2. error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error when open control panel: We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'.: I can't open Control PanelWhen i try open Control Panel, windows show this error message:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. To help keep your data safe, the location is blocked.and link of Learn more is not working...
  3. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  4. Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'

Error We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items': When i try to open control panel, windows show this error:We can't open 'Control Panel\All Control Panel Items'. You organization has restricted it.also, i can't open appwiz.cpl even after change permission in property->securitythis problem was maked in around 2023 February...
  5. control panel original location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    control panel original location: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21J2 installed on 10/9/2021 OS build 22000.795. 16.0 GB Installed RAM, Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz.Control Panel and Network have moved to my Desktop. When I do a search the "original location" is the desktop. I would like...
  6. control panel original location

control panel original location: I'm using Windows 11 Pro 21J2 installed on 10/9/2021 OS build 22000.795. 16.0 GB Installed RAM, Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-10710U CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.61 GHz.Control Panel and Network have moved to my Desktop. When I do a search the "original location" is the desktop. I would like...
  7. Where are the old Control Panel items?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the old Control Panel items?: Does anyone know how i can get the old Control Panel applets/menus in Windows 10 like Display and Default Programs? I know how to get the old Personalisation settings, i just wondered where the rest of the Control Panel pages have gone. Also btw sorry for the terrible...
  8. Control Panel; MAIL item missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel; MAIL item missing: Windows10\1809.... The Control Panel...option "Mail" is missing. Its the option you click on and open to view your Mail "Profile". I am having issues with Outlook and need to open Control Panel\MAIL as it may be the cause of the Issue. Anyway to get MAIL back in...
  9. Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization: Good evening, I've noticed a difference in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization between editions of Windows 10. My wife's laptop is running Windows 10 Home, and her personalization screen looks like this: [img] I'm running Windows 10...
  10. Cannot Open Items In Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open Items In Control Panel: good day i just installed win 10 fall update and have run into one issue which is i cannot open most items in the control panel, rightclick on pc and clicking properties does not open the properties page, had to fix gpedit. i am assuming all of this in interrelated since i'm...