Windows 10: Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive

Discus and support Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have reinstalled Windows 10 so do not have any old Windows 8 residue. I need these files to create a new profile with NTLite for a reduced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tweakfiend, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive

I have reinstalled Windows 10 so do not have any old Windows 8 residue.

I need these files to create a new profile with NTLite for a reduced footprint on any reinstallation.

Any ideas, a google search does not really help ?

:)

Tweakfiend, Jan 16, 2016

2. File explorer not showning hard drives after 2017 fall creator update

File explorer launches, shows recent location, with green bar indicting indexing operation. None of my hard drives or network drives are displayed. They are visible in disk management and can access via edge with the file:// location command. File explorer
    and indexing worked without issues prior to the fall creator update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

grampsgbesaw, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Event Log Error 441 - failer to migrate HDD during install

Having same problem with Windows 10. I have been using Windows 10 for a few months and during a routine Windows Update Windows 10 got updated to Windows 10 Test Mode. I do not know why. Immediately after the Windows 10 Test Mode Update my second hard drive
    will not show up in My PC. It appears in BIOS, Device Manager, etc but not File Explorer. Message states could not migrate. Tried Step 1 and Step 2 suggestions above but not helpful. Western Digital ran diagnostics on the hard drive successfully and found
    no errors. Which means that Western Digital located the hard drive so why can't Windows 10.

FitnessTech, Jan 16, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive

Most likely they have been overwritten so no forensic SW could find them, in that case unless you work for CIA or NSA they are gone forever !!!

CountMike, Jan 16, 2016
  5. Hello Count Mike
    I'm not referring to the Windows 8 update residue but the updates since Windows 10 as a standalone was installed, which must be stored in C:/Windows somewhere
    *really

Tweakfiend, Jan 16, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Yeah somewhere, more likely all over the place !

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive

1. Locating Windows 10 update files on hard drive - Similar Threads - Locating update files

2. Trying to locate back up file in external hard drive for Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to locate back up file in external hard drive for Windows 10 PC.: Hi Microsoft community, When doing a backup of my PC , using Windows 10 and manually backing-up to an external hard drive, the Backup file does not seem to show up anywhere in my external drive. Am I doing something wrong?* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Trying to locate back up file in external hard drive for Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to locate back up file in external hard drive for Windows 10 PC.: Hi Microsoft community, When doing a backup of my PC , using Windows 10 and manually backing-up to an external hard drive, the Backup file does not seem to show up anywhere in my external drive. Am I doing something wrong?* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Trying to locate back up file in external hard drive for Windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10: My old windows 10 laptop was slow so I changed hard drive and I have its old hard drive in a 2.5" enclosure connected to my Windows 10 laptop with new hard drive. Where do I Find My Pictures, My Music on old hard drive?* Moved from Community Center...
  6. Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10: My old windows 10 laptop was slow so I changed hard drive and I have its old hard drive in a 2.5" enclosure connected to my Windows 10 laptop with new hard drive. Where do I Find My Pictures, My Music on old hard drive?* Moved from Community Center...
  7. Location of Photos & Videos on Hard Drive in windows 10

8. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  9. Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location of "Pictures" and "Documents" on Hard Drive: My Windows 10 laptop died. I pulled the hard drive out and have it in a case which I can connect to new laptop Windows 11. I am unable to find "Pictures," "Documents," Where do I look? I don't seem to be able to find or access "my" files and folders, only System folders....
  10. Locate Windows 10 Key from a hard drive files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Locate Windows 10 Key from a hard drive files: I had a laptop gone dead, I kept the hard drive, which is working after testing in a external hard drive enclosure. Now I'm building a new desktop, finished everything, using a USB key to install Windows 10, it is asking for the product key.My question is, is there a way to...