Windows 10: Location based default printer in windows 10

Discus and support Location based default printer in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, Windows 7 had a feature where windows would select your default printer based on which network you are logged onto. I cannot seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MoogLe, Jun 21, 2016.

1. MoogLe Win User

Location based default printer in windows 10

Hey guys,

Windows 7 had a feature where windows would select your default printer based on which network you are logged onto.

I cannot seem to find this feature in windows 10 for the life of me.

Has it been removed? I'm hoping it hasn't or there is at least some kind of registry hack to bring it back. What they seemed to have replaced this feature with "last printer used turns into default printer" is absolutely useless in my opinion. I can think of very few scenarios where that is actually helpful.

:)

MoogLe, Jun 21, 2016
  2. StaceySly Win User

How to set printer as default

The question is how to get Windows 10 to change the default printer based on the currently connected network. For example, when at work and connected to NETWORK-A the default printer should be PRINTER-A but when at home and connected to NETWORK-B the default
    printer should be PRINTER-B.

This was a feature of Windows 7 and was accessed through the Manage Default Printer selection. How do we do this in Windows 10?

win 10 network printers manage printers- Original Title

StaceySly, Jun 21, 2016
  3. Default Printer keeps changing

Hi Vanessa.

My Windows 10 does not have the "Let Windows manage my default printer" option in the location you describe.

I have Windows 10 Pro.

Every day Windows changes my default printer to a printer I never use!!!

Please help.

DavidPalmer146, Jun 21, 2016
Thema:

Location based default printer in windows 10

1. Location based default printer in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Location based default

2. Default location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  3. Manage Multiple Default Printers Based On Availiability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Manage Multiple Default Printers Based On Availiability: I have two printers and a computer (Giggidy?). Those printers serve two separate usages (one for labels and envelopes only, the other solely on letters). My problem is that my Default printer is sometimes not available (for the current task at hand) and it is very annoying...
  4. Set default printer by network location

Set default printer by network location: Some version of Windows, I believe it was 7, was able to set the default printer based on the network location. Lenovo tools also offered such a feat including setting the Home page based on network. Somehow this feature is no longer active. Let windows manage the default...
  5. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  6. Set default printer based on network IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default printer based on network IP: Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I recall in window 7 there was an option to set default print device based on Network. Has this option been removed or is it just hidden. Please suggest a method that I can set do you default print device based on IP address....
  7. Set default printer based on network IP

in Windows 10 Support
    Set default printer based on network IP: Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I recall in window 7 there was an option to set default print device based on Network. Has this option been removed or is it just hidden. Please suggest a method that I can set do you default print device based on IP address....
  8. Default Printer Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Printer Windows 10: I am trying to temporarily set Print to PDF as my default printer. My settings are set to let Microsoft choose the default which should mean that having selected Print to PDF once, it defaults to that until I select something different. I have also tried turning off...
  9. Windows 10 default applications location

Windows 10 default applications location: Hi. I just got Xbox Game Pass and wanted to install a game from it. However when I want to install on any drive other than C it asks me to change default applications location as chosen drive is not configured. When I then try to change it it warns me that there are...
  10. Set Default Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Set Default Printer in Windows 10: How to: Set Default Printer in Windows 10 [img] Information A default printer is the printer that all print jobs are sent to by default unless otherwise specified. This tutorial will show you how to set a default printer for your account in Windows 10. CONTENTS:...