Windows 10: Location is not available error

Discus and support Location is not available error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i was looking at stuff on the internet and found this picture i wanted to save to a file but the file just isn't there anymore but in the quick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Killed, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Killed Win User

Location is not available error

So i was looking at stuff on the internet and found this picture i wanted to save to a file but the file just isn't there anymore but in the quick access i clicked on where it said the location was and got an error some help please?

Location is not available error [​IMG]

:)

Killed, Nov 1, 2017

2. "Location is not available" Error

Here's the screenshot.

Location is not available error [​IMG]

Michelle Mendez Bravo, Nov 1, 2017
  3. "Location is not available" Error

Yes unfortunately that looks like a shortcut to a file. Do you happen to save your files anywhere else? Like OneDrive? Have you looked in all possible locations?

MikeSnyder61704, Nov 1, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

Windows.old.000 is the folder created when you update Windows to the latest Update. It has the previous install of Windows 10 and any pictures or files that did not get saved to the new install of Windows. It will stay on your computer for up to 30 days, giving you the time to recover any files that did not transfer over, and to roll back your Windows to the previous version if you don't like the new version or are having an issue.. Once 30 days past, it removes itself from your computer.
    Browse to the location at the root of your C: drive. If you no longer have a C:\Windows.old.000 folder, then you know why you are getting this message.

spunk, Nov 1, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    Starting with the Anniversary Update (1607) the time after which windows.old would automatically be deleted was reduced from 30 days to 10 days.

https://www.computerworld.com/articl...ce-period.html

@Killed, welcome to TenForums. Did you get the Fall Creators Update more than 10 days ago, by any chance?

Bree, Nov 1, 2017
  6. Killed Win User
    I don't remember updating anything and i've had that file for more than 3 months id like to say. So idk, it just disappeared today. Is there anything i can do to get it back or no?

Killed, Nov 1, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    It has been deleted. Perhaps you ran Disk Clean up and clicked its 'clean up system files' button? Or perhaps the system finally got round to deleting it automatically. You shouldn't put anything you want to keep in a windows.old folder for that reason.

If you're lucky, the data hasn't been overwritten yet. You may be able to recover it with a tool like MiniTool Power Data Recovery (free).
    https://www.minitool.com/data-recove...very-free.html

Bree, Nov 1, 2017
  8. Killed Win User

Thank you but the files are way more than what the free version gives me.

Killed, Nov 1, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Location is not available error - Similar Threads - Location available error

2. Location not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  3. Location not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Location not available: I recently installed windows 10 via boot pendrive. Everything is normal and then suddenly when I tried to close Android studio All files and software which I installed are gone. I execute explore.exe and got file explorer but download shows location not available. Finally I...
  4. Location not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Location is not available

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Location is not available: Hi i am getting a c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable etc etc etc what do i do. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/06728869-1940-46a5-8877-4932471fd192
  6. Location is not available error

Location is not available error: Could use some advice on this please. Some time ago I made a folder, which is subdivided into lots of other folders, where I keep all of my uni work. I noticed a while back that a duplicate folder (with lengthy code going something like DESKTOP-472H86F-DESKTOP... after the...
  7. Location is not available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Location is not available: Hi, I have a Surface Book 2 which upon power on come up with "Preparing Windows" as if's used for the first time (which is not the case as it has been working for months with no issues). Once it get to the "desktop", the error...
  8. Location is not available

Location is not available: Please help, I can't access my external hard drive, it says G:\ is not accessible. The file directory is corrupted and unreadable. Pls. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-is-not-available/3f78e080-c75c-455a-b63f-3821ff20743d"
  9. Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...: When I started up my computer and log in I receive the "Location is Not Available C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" error, so I went online on one of my other devices and find an answer and I am unable to fix it because whenever I try to open a window outside...
  10. "location is not available" Windows 10 Error

in Windows 10 Support
    "location is not available" Windows 10 Error: Hi, Can anyone advise on what's causing the following? It happens about once a week at the moment when I first boot up (from cold). Once it happens, I'm left without a desktop so have to shut down. When I reboot all my icon locations have been reset which is rather...