Windows 10: "location is not available" Windows 10 Error

Discus and support "location is not available" Windows 10 Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Can anyone advise on what's causing the following? It happens about once a week at the moment when I first boot up (from cold). Once it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karma, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Karma Win User

"location is not available" Windows 10 Error

Hi,

Can anyone advise on what's causing the following?

It happens about once a week at the moment when I first boot up (from cold). Once it happens, I'm left without a desktop so have to shut down. When I reboot all my icon locations have been reset which is rather annoying!

Thanks

:)

Karma, Oct 13, 2016

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Oct 13, 2016
  3. atikuruu Win User
    5800 XM " General: System Error " on saving music file

WHAT CAN I DO NOW

atikuruu, Oct 13, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Open Settings....is Location on?....

dencal, Oct 13, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    your registry has a bad key Login Error
    C:\Windows\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable
    Login as different user, machine boots fine
    Go to Start/Search and type Regedit and press enter
    Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    Look for a profile ending in .bak
    Find the other one with the exact name and delete it
    Edit the first key and Remove the .bak
    Reboot

spunk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "location is not available" Windows 10 Error - Similar Threads - location available Error

2. LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10: Hi, I recently resetkeep files my windows 10 Home HP laptop. After the installation and preparation was complete. Windows welcomed me with a black screen and an error message: "Location is not available" I can't access my files. Please help......
  3. LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10: Hi, I recently resetkeep files my windows 10 Home HP laptop. After the installation and preparation was complete. Windows welcomed me with a black screen and an error message: "Location is not available" I can't access my files. Please help......
  4. LOCATION IS NOT AVAILABLE :WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Location is not available error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Location is not available error: Could use some advice on this please. Some time ago I made a folder, which is subdivided into lots of other folders, where I keep all of my uni work. I noticed a while back that a duplicate folder (with lengthy code going something like DESKTOP-472H86F-DESKTOP... after the...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Error message "Location is not available"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Error message "Location is not available": Hello I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. I'm getting a flashing error message on my desktop and I am unable to navigate my computer: "Location is not available system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on a network, make sue you;re...
  7. Windows Firewall error message: Location not available

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall error message: Location not available: In Windows Firewall, when I try to set an outbound rule for an application, I get an error message after clicking the Browse button to browse for the program. The error says, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemtemprofile\Desktop is unavailable." with more text saying that the...
  8. Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10: Error "Location is Not Available...: When I started up my computer and log in I receive the "Location is Not Available C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\Desktop" error, so I went online on one of my other devices and find an answer and I am unable to fix it because whenever I try to open a window outside...
  9. Location is not available error

in Windows 10 Support
    Location is not available error: So i was looking at stuff on the internet and found this picture i wanted to save to a file but the file just isn't there anymore but in the quick access i clicked on where it said the location was and got an error some help please? [img] 97025
  10. Is Pointer Location available in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Pointer Location available in Windows 10: On previous versions of Windows I used to use the ctrl key plus another (can't remember) to show pointer location. Is this available in Windows 10? 69054