Windows 10: Location of Edge saved passwords

Discus and support Location of Edge saved passwords in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TenTerminator, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Location of Edge saved passwords

Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere?

I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile

Thanks in advance!

:)

TenTerminator, Oct 17, 2016
  2. Kidcody Win User

Passwords saved on Edge

If you have LastPass on your computer it can see all your passwords stored in IE or Edge. So to extrapolate a little, if any program or malware on your computer with the right tools, can see your passwords as long as you are logged in.

Kidcody, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Polydoc Win User
    Saved passwords with Edge

If I log in to a site using the saved password it cannot be read by someone else on a non-secure wifi network.

Is that correct?

Polydoc, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

Location of Edge saved passwords

1. Location of Edge saved passwords - Similar Threads - Location Edge saved

2. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  3. Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a site to 'Saved password' in Edge: I wish to move or add currently in use passwords to the Save Password list in Edge>Profile>Passwords. Some are listed under NEVER, I now want them in SAVED....
  4. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  5. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  6. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  7. Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords: These are the hoops one goes through to view saved passwords using Edge: Settings>Passwords and Autofill>Manage Passwords>Select website. To see what's hidden by dots, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Web Credentials. Then select the same website and to view the...
  8. How to save favorite passwords in Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to save favorite passwords in Edge: I recently bought a new laptop and when I got the new one going, I transferred/moved all my favorites from my old laptop and put them in the new laptop in EDGE. So far, so good. however I cannot get the passwords to save for favorites I've used forever. Any ideas?...
  9. Windows Edge is not saving my passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Edge is not saving my passwords: Hey, I wanted to use Windows Edge as my browser, not crome (even though I like chrome) windows works well, but my passwords are not saving. I know some people say; go to settings, advanced, then to save passwords/autofill. But that does not work. I have the boxes checked...
  10. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215