Windows 10: Location of MS Edge app launcher file?

Discus and support Location of MS Edge app launcher file? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm trying to create a custom function key on my keyboard--triggered by launching a program--but unlike IE I'm unable to locate MS Edge. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kravan, Aug 23, 2015.

1. kravan Win User

Location of MS Edge app launcher file?

I'm trying to create a custom function key on my keyboard--triggered by launching a program--but unlike IE I'm unable to locate MS Edge. Does anyone know how to overcome this?

:)

kravan, Aug 23, 2015

2. Google calendar does not load in Edge browser

Hi Jake,

this works for me....

Open Edge....go to the Google search page... eg...
    www.google.com
    (your local google search address may be different to mine)

If you are not logged in to your Google Account, do so..... you should see your Account Avatar on the top rhs of the Google search page.... once you have logged on or if you have been logged in automatically....

Click the Apps icon (six squares icon, located to the left of your account avatar) and select Calendar... Edge will/should navigate to YOUR google (online) calendar app....

I suspect that you may be using the Google Desktop App Launcher for Windows? I doubt that it will work as expected on Windows 10 with Edge set as your default web browser.... for a test, try launching another of the google web apps from
    the Google Desktop App Launcher... say Docs

I expect that it will fail to load in Edge also.

For help with Google products on your Windows computer, in the first instance post a question at the google support forums... Google Help

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Aug 23, 2015
  3. I can't pin my Microsoft Edge to the Taskbar.

Tried this method and only choices were "Pin to Start" or "Pin to quick access". Still can't pin Microsoft Edge to taskbar.

Glenn Koogler, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  5. kravan Win User
    Thanks Brink, I've tried this. After directing the key to this shortcut, it recognize only as "explorer.exe" so what is launched is the File Explorer, not Edge.

kravan, Aug 23, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I'm not sure why it would do that. Did you try using the command below for it instead?

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:Appsfolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge

Brink, Aug 23, 2015
  7. kravan Win User
    The command above is set as the target in the shortcut, target location %windir%
    I cannot directly use a command as the trigger, it will say as invalid file name. It seems my keyboard software only accepts application files (?). I'm using a Corsair K90 mechanical keyboard by the way.

kravan, Aug 23, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Location of MS Edge app launcher file? - Similar Threads - Location Edge app

2. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  3. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  4. Edge executable file location in registry

in Browsers and Email
    Edge executable file location in registry: Where do I find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\msedge.exe path in the registry? Thanks! 178354
  5. MS Maps App Wrong Location

MS Maps App Wrong Location: Hi: You have a problem with your location finder for Maps and Find My Device. Bing, I set it manually so it is alright. Google Maps finds my precise location fine. I've tried resetting everything within windows for Maps, but the problem seems to be on your end. When I do...
  6. Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Location In MS EDGE and Windows Map App: MS Edge opening Google Maps has the PC location off by 17 miles. Windows 10 Map App has same incorrect location. I have done the location set/reset. set the default location to the PC's location, cleared location history, stopped syncing, run SFC /SCANNOW, chkdsk, etc. to no...
  7. MS Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge: Always when i open a new tap in MS-Edge by Strg+t this browser opens a new tap but i cant start writing at once. First i have to click into the damn adressfield. Why is the adressfield not preselected. What die MS-Developers think the users intention might be after opening a...
  8. Edge Location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Location: Anyone know the path of Edge? By that I mean where is it stored? I am trying to map a key with its location as I did with Firefox but cannot find it. Regards Alan 7750
  9. MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location

MS Paint "Save as" location is NOT the file source location: Hi, In Windows 8.1 (and as far as I can remember in all previous Windows versions) I used to be able to do the following: In Windows Explorer: Open a .jpg file from anywhere in my file system, by right mouse clicking and choosing "edit" After editing: "Save as" (press...
  10. Local files and MS Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Local files and MS Edge: Can anyone tell me how to open a local html file using MS Edge, please? Thanks in advance. 85925