Windows 10: Location of the default wallpaper?

Discus and support Location of the default wallpaper? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Where is this wallpaper stored? also, where can I find the different resolutions of it? Thanks!. 10255 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SlackerITGuy, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Location of the default wallpaper?

Where is this wallpaper stored? also, where can I find the different resolutions of it?

Thanks!.

:)

SlackerITGuy, Jul 29, 2015

2. Moving the location of the default Users directory.

While it is possible to change the profile folders default location, using a registry hack, it can have unexpected side effects. A safer way consist of moving some of your user libraries - see
    here.

Frederik Long, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Moving the location of the default Users directory.

Bad Idea and will only cause issues forever. Just save your personal files on external drives, this does not mean to move the default system user folders, just content inside them. You could do the install to one of the external drives and have it C:\,
    which is also important that the OS drive is C:\.

seahawks65, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Location of the default wallpaper?

Hello SlackerITGuy,

If this is for a Microsoft account, then the current synced desktop background will be cached below.

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\RoamedThemeFiles\DesktopBackground

The tutorial below can help with the other locations. *Smile

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Location of the default wallpaper?

1. Location of the default wallpaper? - Similar Threads - Location default wallpaper

2. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  3. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default: Hi, recently I've noticed that my lockscreen wallpaper switches to the default image every now and then when booting up. There's only one account on the computer and that account has a custom wallpaper as the lockscreen. When I turn on the system it'll sometimes display the...
  4. Lockscreen wallpaper switches to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default location

Default location: Some apps recognize my location while others do not https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-location/04eb1e61-80ba-44cc-86de-542662b47490
  6. Default location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default location: Is there a way to set the default in Windows 10 and New Edge so it don't do this Microsoft map changes default location every time I sent default, it reverts to Conroe, Texas 1157 miles as the crow flies from me....
  7. No location for current applied wallpaper?

No location for current applied wallpaper?: Hi Guys In the past I had this folder...but is now not there? %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles I basically have an image of low res which I set as a tiled background image....I then want to browse that saved tiled image to keep a copy , so that I can deploy to...
  8. Default Save Location and Location Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Save Location and Location Tab: Default Save Location allows you to change which drive information is store on. But there is already a Location tab in folder properties to do that. You may need to streamline the default save location so you can do the same thing in Control Panel....
  9. Sign In Screen Wallpaper Location?

Sign In Screen Wallpaper Location?: Not really a technical help request per say, but I was curious if there happened to be a location where the image that shows up on the screen where you enter your password is. Not talking about the lock screen. In Windows 7 it's located under "C:\Windows\System32\oobe", but...
  10. Editing the default wallpaper

Editing the default wallpaper: Sorry if this has been posted, but would it be possible for any talented graphics people to change the default wallpaper from blue to red, assuming it's easy to do? 20542