Windows 10: Lock desktop icons positions?

Discus and support Lock desktop icons positions? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gogreen, Jun 13, 2017.

1. gogreen Win User

Lock desktop icons positions?

I occasionally move the mouse pointer across the desktop and inadvertently drag icons to new positions. Is there a command or a feature that locks the desktop icons in place and can snap them back into position when this occurs?

:)

gogreen, Jun 13, 2017

2. Desktop icons are locked on Windows 10.

Original title: Un-Locked Icons on Desktop

All of my icons are locked, even the new ones I created. I need to be able to un-lock the desktop icons so I can organize them.

GaryFiehmann, Jun 13, 2017
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Jun 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

There are various 3rd party tools that save and restore desktop icon positions.

Icon Restore
    Desktop OK

if I recall- there is an extremely long thread on icons rearranging here where some of these are mentioned.

dalchina, Jun 13, 2017
  5. gogreen Win User
    Thanks, dalchina. I'll look up that thread.

Update: This one?

gogreen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock desktop icons positions? - Similar Threads - Lock desktop icons

2. Desktop icon position fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  3. Desktop icon position fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon position fix: Hello to everyone,I am using Windows 11 Pro version 22H2.My desktop icons often get messed up when I'm operating on my computer.For example, when I copy and paste a file on the desktop, the new file is added to the top left corner. Sometimes I get confused in finding my new...
  4. lock the icon positions on the deskto

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock the icon positions on the deskto: Please I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.How can I lock the icon positions on the desktop?Thanks a lot.Beny https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-the-icon-positions-on-the-deskto/205705f8-7553-42cd-b934-4bf5317ad49f
  5. lock the icon positions on the deskto

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock the icon positions on the deskto: Please I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.How can I lock the icon positions on the desktop?Thanks a lot.Beny https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-the-icon-positions-on-the-deskto/205705f8-7553-42cd-b934-4bf5317ad49f
  6. Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Keep Changing Positions: Hey, I recently updated my Windows 10 to 20H2. After this, all my desktop icons keep changing position whenever I refresh or restart my laptop. What's the permanent solution to this. I have tried options offered on other Windows' discussion fora without any positive...
  7. Can't have two side by side folder and Desktop icon are lock in position

Can't have two side by side folder and Desktop icon are lock in position: I recently updated to Window 10 20H2 and now my icons are lock in the same position picture below. They were all on the left side of the screen, but now they are all over the screen. The icon are like an inch to the right of each and two inch below the other taking up all the...
  8. Desktop Icons changing position

Desktop Icons changing position: Running WIN10 home Every so often my desktop flashes and some of my icons have changed position. Can anyone explain t his and how I can stop it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-changing-position/934e8501-fdfb-46d0-998d-3b15d4dc677a
  9. restore desktop icons positions to previous

restore desktop icons positions to previous: I set my Desktop icons in a personal way. Whenever I go to PCaccess to PC the icons moved to a different unwanted position. Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-desktop-icons-positions-to-previous/21fb17d4-20a9-4228-a14a-27ce69e9a978
  10. Desktop icon positions

Desktop icon positions: Currently my desktop icons are on a fixed grid. I would like to change them back to a custom grid where I can control their position relative to each other. How do I get rid of the fixed grid?...