Windows 10: Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.

Discus and support Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [img] Hi, I had some folders and files in a drive which were locked by Bitlocker. I did a re-install of my Windows 10 to add a SSD. During this, i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ajith339, Mar 20, 2018.

1. ajith339 Win User

Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.

Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files. [​IMG]

Hi, I had some folders and files in a drive which were locked by Bitlocker. I did a re-install of my Windows 10 to add a SSD. During this, i just opened the the bitlocker drive with password and moved those files to an external drive(I did not decrypt them before moving). Now, all those moved files and folders have lock icon on them (as in the above image) and i can't open them. I still have my Bitlocker password.

Is there any way to restore them or are there any software available to restore them ?

your help is much apreciated

Thanks
    Ajith

:)

ajith339, Mar 20, 2018

2. Bitlocker Resume Problem

I have Paused Bitlocker during encryption on my USB Hard drive and after trying to resume it warns The device is not ready. The HDD is now locked with BitLocker, stucked at 16.5% data processed and BitLocker
    refuses to continue. I have tried all the ways through CMD or PowerShell. but still the problem exist. Please Help as I have my important files on it.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum topic.***

ShahabEshraghi, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Paul Lupa Win User
    What does a yellow exclamation mark over the C Drive on a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10 in Devices and Drives mean?

Here are the different icon adornments for hard drives that may appear

Adornment
    Meaning

Windows logo (may be combined with other adornments)
    System drive.

Locked padlock
    BitLocker locked: Volume is inaccessible.

Unlocked padlock
    BitLocker on: Drive is encrypted and keys are protected.

Unlocked padlock with yellow warning triangle
    BitLocker is suspended: Drive is encrypted but everyone has access. This icon is also used to indicate the BitLocker is pre-provisioned.

Paul Lupa, Mar 20, 2018
  4. Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.

BitLocker works on entire drives, not individual files. That looks like the EFS icon.

What happens when you try to open the file? What do the file attributes say?

PolarNettles, Mar 20, 2018
  5. ajith339 Win User
    Thanks for your reply!!
    When i try to open, it says "It looks like you don't have permission to view this file. Check the permission and try again."

ajith339, Mar 20, 2018
  6. PolarNettles, Mar 20, 2018
  7. ajith339 Win User
    I have tried that. I have logged into the PC with the account displayed in the owner name. Still the attribute detail doesn't show anything.

ajith339, Mar 20, 2018
  8. Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.

That's interesting - the Encrypted attribute is set but there's no decryption information associated with the file.

How did you move the files from the old drive to the external drive?

PolarNettles, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.

1. Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files. - Similar Threads - Lock Icon moving

2. No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.: Hello, my computer locked into bitlocker mode, I had my key handy and entered it in. However, after logging back into my laptop; internet access and Bluetooth access are both unusable. It looks as the only way I can access the internet is to use an Ethernet cable, and I don’t...
  3. No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi access after Bitlocker lock.: Hello, my computer locked into bitlocker mode, I had my key handy and entered it in. However, after logging back into my laptop; internet access and Bluetooth access are both unusable. It looks as the only way I can access the internet is to use an Ethernet cable, and I don’t...
  4. Locked bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked bitlocker: Dears ,this drive was locked by it self all of the sudden and I have not enable bitlocker at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-bitlocker/2f84f4fb-427b-4667-8094-530207b4b428
  5. Locked bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked bitlocker: Dears ,this drive was locked by it self all of the sudden and I have not enable bitlocker at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-bitlocker/2f84f4fb-427b-4667-8094-530207b4b428
  6. Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlocking files locked with BitLocker: After an update to my Windows 10 Pro edition, I no longer have access to the files in the Documents folder on my C drive. I had previously encrypted these with BitLocker but now it is showing that BitLocker is turned off and logging in to my user account no longer unencrypts...
  7. Bitlocker Locked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker Locked: Hello , I forgot my bitlocker password and recovery key lost from usb ....i tried so many methods i just want to delete the bitlocker so to access my files and because i have so much information about it...
  8. File permission issues after moving files using Robocopy to a BitLocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File permission issues after moving files using Robocopy to a BitLocker encrypted drive: I am running into an odd file permissions problem. Here's what I did: Purchased new 4 TB SATA drive and installed it in my machine Tried using Casper Secure Drive Backup to do a sector copy from the old drive now relabeled M: to the new drive now labelled J: - the same...
  9. Locked out of app after moving it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of app after moving it.: First of all I would like to thank community members for their questions and replies to all, in response to my needs, and to this online community for the needs of the many. I bought a game from the Microsoft store. I moved the video game to a folder to gain access to it;...
  10. Able To Access BitLocker Files In Recent Files Without Credentials After Locking The...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Able To Access BitLocker Files In Recent Files Without Credentials After Locking The...: Hello, I use bit locker on usb drives and certain partitions on my computer. I use manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x: to re-secure the drive when im done with it but still working on the machine. After execution I get "Volume x: is now locked" I noticed that after...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no lock icon after bitlocker