Windows 10: Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot

Discus and support Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Everyone, Windows spotlight had been working on my laptop from last few months, however, after a recent upgrade, it stopped working. It is stuck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mahi, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Mahi Win User

Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot

Hello Everyone,

Windows spotlight had been working on my laptop from last few months, however, after a recent upgrade, it stopped working. It is stuck on one image, never changes to another one. If I go to Settings > > Lock screen > > Background and set it to 'Windows Spotlight', it accepts it. When I lock the screen, the wallpaper doesn't change. If I go back to the Lock screen, it is found to be reset to 'picture'. In other words, changing to 'Windows Spotlight' never took effect. Please help, I really love Windows Spotlight and wish to see beautiful wallpapers keep coming. Thanks.

:)

2. Lock Screen background picture

Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen.
    I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture.
    I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I can't find any option to save the image. on closing the window & returning to the lock screen the picture does not appear to save and returns to the standard blue background with date and time.
    I can't find any option to save the image as a lock screen wallpaper.
    Does anybody have any suggestions.
    Regards,
    Mark.

anorakmark, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Lock Screen Background

Hi Jean,

It's possible that you are updating the wrong configuration setting. The
    Background
    setting under Windows Settings > Personalization will update the background picture that will be shown on your desktop where icons are placed. Meanwhile, the
    Lock screen setting will update the background picture that will be shown when you are logging in to your device.

To update your Lock scren setting, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Lock screen settings in the search bar and press
      Enter
    • Under Background, make sure the it is set to Picture.
    • Click the Browse button.
    • Locate the picture that you want to set as lock screen background and click
      Choose picture

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Ferdz Amp, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot

Lock Screen background picture

I have tried Brink, with no luck. It will not let me change the lock screen back ground picture. In the settings for lock screen I click on the picture I want and as soon as I go to the lock screen I have the standard blue background with date & time. I even tried opening the photos app and opening a specific picture then clicking set as lock screen and even that does not change the picture.

anorakmark, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot

1. Lock Screen background reset to 'Picture' even if set to 'Windows Spot - Similar Threads - Lock Screen background

2. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  3. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen background picture on sign in: Is there a way to focus background picture on sign in ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-background-picture-on-sign-in/b49422bc-cce8-441b-b50b-1226bf52180a
  4. Lock Screen background picture on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  6. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.: Hello everyone.I have acer laptop, and unfortunately, the lock screen background for pictures is not working, the windows spotlight is working while the slideshow or picture just shows a blacked-out screen. Please let me know how it can be fixed....
  7. Lock Screen - Picture for background not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Removing the lock screen background picture.

Removing the lock screen background picture.: I need a help. How shoud I remove my own pictures as the background for my lock screen?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-lock-screen-background-picture/82c1d201-b55b-424d-b3c4-3d087ad999d1
  9. Issue with lock screen background picture

Issue with lock screen background picture: In Settings Personalize Lock screen, I have checked Windows Spotlight. "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" is also checked. Yet every tine I boot my desktop computer, I see the same "background" picture a Paris monument. I am not asked if I like it or...
  10. Lock Screen background picture

Lock Screen background picture: Has anybody had difficulty adding a picture / wallpaper to the lock screen. I have just set up windows 10 screen saver and I see you can change the lock screen back ground picture. I have tried adding either one of the windows wallpapers or one of my own pictures but I...