Windows 10: Lock screen bypassed on its own?

Discus and support Lock screen bypassed on its own? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by onlytanmoy, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Lock screen bypassed on its own?

Hello,
    Recently i notice that i am not being presented with the lock screen initially before the login screen. I don't recall doing anything to bypass the lock screen. Any idea how to get the lock screen back please?
    Thanks,
    Troy.

:)

onlytanmoy, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Bruce Hagen, Sep 1, 2015
  3. Bruce Hagen, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Snakeyes Win User

Lock screen bypassed on its own?

Try going to Accounts in settings and changing your password.

Snakeyes, Sep 1, 2015
  5. @Snakeyes>> any other solution without changing my current password? this might sound daft but i actually quite like it *Smile

onlytanmoy, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Are you running Pro or Home? Have you installed any kind of tweaking software?

DeaconFrost, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    You can change it to see if that works and then change it back.

Gary, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Snakeyes Win User

I hear you loud and clear. If you do figure out how you managed that, please post so that I can do the same.

Snakeyes, Sep 1, 2015
  9. Victek Win User
    Victek, Sep 1, 2015
  10. @Victek>> thanks for the pointer mate, i followed the tutorial of Shawn on enabling the lock screen via gpedit; that solved my problem.

onlytanmoy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock screen bypassed on its own? - Similar Threads - Lock screen bypassed

2. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker: My HDD locks unexpectedly by it self with bitlocker and i always have to put in the passcode to unlock it but it will lock by itself every like 5secs. I cant even use my HDD anymore because of this. any reason why its doing this?...
  3. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker: My HDD locks unexpectedly by it self with bitlocker and i always have to put in the passcode to unlock it but it will lock by itself every like 5secs. I cant even use my HDD anymore because of this. any reason why its doing this?...
  4. HDD unexpectedly locks on its own with bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My laptop keeps locking on its own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps locking on its own: I think it was the new Windows update, since I updated from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I changed the sleep status to never, I tried updating my display drivers but it still randomly locks. It locks even when I'm using the keyboard, or in a call. Its not even hot some times and...
  6. screen moving on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen moving on its own: yesterday i started to have a problem where my screen starts moving up and down or forward and backward on its own. does anyone know how to fix this? i notice it particularly when i am in my Outlook calendar. i'll open it up to look at a particular month and it starts moving...
  7. Lock Screen sometimes opens PIN screen on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen sometimes opens PIN screen on its own: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken my...
  8. Lock Screen sometimes opens password/PIN screen on its own

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen sometimes opens password/PIN screen on its own: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken...
  9. Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bypass Win 10 Lock Screen: Win 10 gpedit "Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization" does not show Personalization. I want to bypass / eliminate lock screen. Have tried entry in Register, doesn't consistently work....
  10. bypass lock screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bypass lock screen: how do I get into my Lenovo ideapad bypassing the screen lock passcode I cant get into the computer cause I forgot the passcode and doing a factory reset didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bypass-lock-screen/c2b1ec96-53dc-421c-ba79-6d0789e4937c"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my lock screen being bypassed