Windows 10: Lock Screen closing applications

Discus and support Lock Screen closing applications in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, so I'm new to windows 10. Cleaned my laptop completely by resetting it and when I tried to install old games using steam had to download the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hugo, May 8, 2016.

1. Hugo Win User

Lock Screen closing applications

Hey, so I'm new to windows 10. Cleaned my laptop completely by resetting it and when I tried to install old games using steam had to download the updates again. But now when the screen locks it closes down steam and the updates don't download. This is really frustrating due to the fact I don't have very fast internet so updates for games can take a long time. When running windows 7 I could leave my laptop on during the day and at night to finish updating, is there any way I can fix this?

Thanks

:)

Hugo, May 8, 2016

2. Lockscreen (StandBy) messes up many of my apps. E.g. my podcasts stop downloading, Voice Recorder stops recording, etc

It depends on the application. Application developers can choose whether or not to allow their application to run behind the lock screen. By default an application will not run behind the lock screen, so it gets closed after the lock screen appears and restarts
    when the device is unlocked.

|
    http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP | Software Engineer

Joel Ivory Johnson, May 8, 2016
  3. ogrigley Win User
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Issue

Why would the OS decide to close all programs/applications open when locking screen?

I understand disabling the lock screen and switching to sign-in option availability but that does not

make any sense why when one decides to lock their PC for a brief time then come back to sign in only

to find out everything that was up and running was closed.

Is there a particular reason for setting the Lock Screen this way? Security issue?

Mainly saying for home use computer with only one individual using it. The lock screen goes to sign-in

so why the difference? Why isn't there an option to allow open programs/applications to remain open

when someone decides to lock their screen?

ogrigley, May 8, 2016
  4. pete1208 Win User

Review your power options and advance power options. You may need to install windows 10 updates for a while to get smooth running.

You can prevent the machine from going to sleep for and hour or more so all the updates get installed. Just keep going into settings update and checking.

Also, double check device manager and make sure their are no unknown devices after the updates are done, I would down load them from my rigs vendor. If no win 10 version, then look for 8.1 or win 7.

Good Luck

pete1208, May 9, 2016
Thema:

1. Lock Screen closing applications - Similar Threads - Lock Screen closing

2. Screens close

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screens close: When I am online or doing work offline, the screen suddenly closes or goes back to a previous screen. What is wrong and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screens-close/198145a2-2c40-4be3-b537-30544a1a0434
  3. Issue With Applications closing on their own, suddenly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue With Applications closing on their own, suddenly.: I have a Lenovo Laptop and recently I have been experiencing some issue with my Windows 10. As soon as I open any application or even file explorer, the applications close automatically. Also, When I type something, anywhere, the applications close on their own. The "shut...
  4. Application that records webcam while screen is Locked/Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application that records webcam while screen is Locked/Sleep: Hello, While attending lectures, with the authorization of my teacher, I have the opportunity to record the lesson for later review. I use a Surface Book as my primary computer. I noticed that on the native Camera app of Windows 10, The recording works so long the app is...
  5. Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!

Application (Voice Recorder) Opens then Closes??!: I am so baffled that every application seems to open normally but Voice Recorder. When I click on it from the task bar or from a desktop icon, it will pop up for a few seconds then seemingly close. I've used it quite frequently in the past and I'm not sure why it's now not...
  6. Locking an open application from being closed on guest account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking an open application from being closed on guest account: I need to run an application on a guest account that will be shown on a secondary monitor. My hope is that there is a way to keep anyone using the guest account from closing the window without an admin password. Any alternative ideas would be appreciated as well. Thanks in...
  7. Windows closes every application open

Windows closes every application open: When I am in the middle of using any application this message will appear at random times, it just happens randomly and I have scanned my computer multiple times with anti-virus, can somebody please help? (and also when I press cancel, it also closes everything) [ATTACH]...
  8. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...
  9. screen locked

in Windows 10 Support
    screen locked: Now that the new upgrades have been installed, I have to log on every time my screen times out. Before the upgrades, if I walked away and came back, moving the mouse or touching a key would bring back the desktop. How can I get back to that status? (By the way, the automatic...
  10. Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen setting windows closes automatically after one second: Help--i can't change my lock screen settings...when i open lock screen settings, it closes automatically after one second and it won't allow me to change settings...desktop wallpaper settings does not have the same problem 83768