Windows 10: Lock Screen Crash

Discus and support Lock Screen Crash in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, can anyone offer advice on this issue? Basically I don't use the lock screen much but noticed lock screen crashes for my user account. I don't get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scottyboy99, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Lock Screen Crash

Hi, can anyone offer advice on this issue? Basically I don't use the lock screen much but noticed lock screen crashes for my user account. I don't get a nice screen with quick access to apps. Instead it just comes up with some Cortana tip which displays for a nano second before dumping straight to the initial user login screen. From there I can log back in but I should see a summary screen with things like my next calendar item or a little icon for mail with a number on it and then only when I click does it bring me to login again with my code/password. However this middle part is not happening. So it's not working correctly. But no such issue for the other users of the pc and also my account on our other secondary pc. This is an anniversary edition pc and I've tried disabling and re enabling Cortana in the lock screen, changing the picture and various methods to maybe reset it. No joy though. Looking in reliability history I see this report from everytime I tried to use the lock screen. basically the lock screen app is crashing for me

Lock Screen Crash [​IMG]

:)

Scottyboy99, Aug 25, 2017

2. Lumia 620 screen problem.

Are you using a batery-level app on your lock screen, or any other non-default app?

I haven't had a crash since i removed all non-default apps from my lock screen.

WouterJ---01, Aug 25, 2017
  3. Mike Daw Win User
    Unexpected Store Exception BSOD

Just experienced this same crash. The computer was frozen at the lock screen, and then after a few minutes "blue-screened" with "UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION".

Mike Daw, Aug 25, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Lock Screen Crash

Why not disable the pretty useless thing altogether - see tutorial guide.

cereberus, Aug 25, 2017
  5. Gotta admit. It does seem useless, I just get irritated if something is not working as it should. Is there a way to reset it for just one specific user? Whilst virtually everything on my user account works perfectly this is the only thing causing a problem. I have no doubt creating a new user account will probably fix this but it's too unpalatable given all the configuration and effort that's gone into its set up.

Scottyboy99, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen Crash

1. Lock Screen Crash - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Crash

2. lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen: Why do my lock screen settings reset every time Windows updates. I have it set for the screen to never turn off, but each Windows update resets it to turn off after 15 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/4dd2294a-dae4-4a37-b28c-6d2769dd351c
  3. lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lock screen: Why do my lock screen settings reset every time Windows updates. I have it set for the screen to never turn off, but each Windows update resets it to turn off after 15 minutes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/4dd2294a-dae4-4a37-b28c-6d2769dd351c
  4. lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lock screen: Even though I am on spotlight the picture is the same every day. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/7c3e0230-5bdf-4e6c-9ff6-db5502be6416
  5. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  6. Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?

in Windows 10 Support
    Not Lock Screen, But like a Lock Screen appeared?: After installing AMD "Radeon Software", another screed with a MS like background appeared...UGH. I have a lock screen, login screen., so what else could this be? When I change the lock screen color it will take and when pressing (Windows-key and the L) it will lock to that...
  7. Game crash/ lock screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game crash/ lock screen wallpaper: Whenever a game crashes, alt f4 and the task manager both do not work. When I sign out, my lock screen wallpaper changes back to the default background. Anyone know why this happens submitted by /u/Krevix313 [link] [comments]...
  8. Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen: My Pc is not locking after wake up frem sleep . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen/3569f809-8243-494c-84a2-d01e7445ba0d
  9. Lock Screen Not Locking

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Not Locking: Hey Guys I've had some issues with the Windows 10 lock screen on my Surface Book. When I close the lid it's to set to sleep. When I open the lid half of the time it will use the camera to verify, and half of the time it will have just say swipe lock screen and provides no...
  10. Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen Preview and Lock Screen nuisance: Can anyone tell me how to eliminate the lock screen preview and bypass the 'Sign In' button on the lock screen? I often put my computer to sleep then to bring it back (in Windows 7) I would simply hit the space bar and turn on my mouse and it would go straight to my...