Windows 10: Lock Screen During Games

Discus and support Lock Screen During Games in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My windows 10 will go to a lock screen during games. Specifically, iRacing when using the wheel as my input. I have even disabled the lock screen, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slopland, Apr 14, 2016.

1. slopland Win User

Lock Screen During Games

My windows 10 will go to a lock screen during games. Specifically, iRacing when using the wheel as my input. I have even disabled the lock screen, but it does not seem to have helped.

:)

slopland, Apr 14, 2016
  2. JDMorrow Win User

computer crashes during a game "warface"

My entire screen locks up during a game... I'm running windows 10. I've tried compatibilty modes (all) of them... and still during the game at some point my screen locks up, and I have no mouse function or anything. I have to reboot the PC from the tower.
    I ran GPU test etc.. my PC is a brand new custom built... It has the sabretooth 9590 eight-core processor mother board, two Geforce GTX 980 graphic cards, and feeding it is 1300 watts of continues power by Antec HCP Platinum. From day one, there has always
    been an issue with Playing Warface. No other games will cause this to happen. I have the GeForce, NVIDIA to launch the game from, but no matter what the game causes my system to crash.

JDMorrow, Apr 14, 2016
  3. 7ranchise Win User
    lumia 920 freezing and locking

Whilst I play games the phones sensitivity turns off or stops working during game play it freezes whilst things are still happening on the screen, a similar characteristic tends to happen while the phone is locked too, it freezes me out and won't respond
    till l vigorously press all buttons in an attempt to get it to work. Is there an update that adjust this reoccurring fault?

7ranchise, Apr 14, 2016
  4. Lock Screen During Games

Slopland, this worked for me:

Go to Device Manager and select Display Adapters. Your video card will appear underneath it. Click on that. Now, it will probably tell you that the device is working perfectly and that you have the latest drivers. But click on the tab labelled "Events." Select the date that you installed Win 10. Does it say that your driver is installed completely or incompletely?

If completely, your problem lies elsewhere. If incompletely, you need to re-install the driver, which USUALLY will not mess you up.

Set a Restore Point and click the button for uninstalling your driver. Do not delete the driver! 10 will immediately switch to a generic driver, so your monitor won't go blank. Shut down, wait a minute, and restart. 10 might ask if you want to update to the latest driver or it might automatically re-install it. Check Events to see what happened. If it installed correctly, reboot and you'll be fine.

Vince Massi, Apr 14, 2016
  5. slopland Win User
    Thank you for the reply. I checked and it is completely installed. I fresh installed everything with the video driver being the first thing after the OS.

I looked at my Logitech wheel in device manager and power management. The checkbox "allow hardware to wake the computer" is unchecked and greyed out. The "allow pc to turn off this device" is checked. Maybe if this is not allowed to wake, and while in a race for upwards of 45 minutes, I do not provide any mouse or keyboard input (only wheel), the PC doesn't see the wheel as something "operating"? On the other hand, should it not detect that the video card is running something?

2nd though is my wheel is USB plugged into a PCI USB/firewire card. Could this be the issue?

Thanks again for your time.

slopland, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Lock Screen During Games

1. Lock Screen During Games - Similar Threads - Lock Screen During

2. Blue screen during gaming sessions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen during gaming sessions: Hello everyone,I started experiencing BSOD during gaming sessions, and sometimes the game crashes in the lobby not even In-game.I suspected a drive issue , i tried to install windows on different drives that I already had on my PC but I still experience the same issue.Now...
  3. Blue screen during gaming sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen during gaming sessions: Hello everyone,I started experiencing BSOD during gaming sessions, and sometimes the game crashes in the lobby not even In-game.I suspected a drive issue , i tried to install windows on different drives that I already had on my PC but I still experience the same issue.Now...
  4. Windows 11 system hard locking during games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 system hard locking during games: Dump file here OneDrive LinkWindow 11 ProIntel 12900KASUS Z690 HERO WIFIGSkill 32GB DDR5 5600MHzNVIDIA 3080 TiI have performed the regular troubleshooting steps, disable all overclocking, did a clean install of the video drivers but still getting issues. I ran the driver...
  5. Lock Screen interruption during active use

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen interruption during active use: Of all the many many persistent and unsolved Win10 problems actively driving customers to switch operating systems, is this the most distracting and irritating? I can be typing, interacting with any application, watching a video, or playing a game, when my laptop goes to...
  6. Laptop "Locking" during heavy load, gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop "Locking" during heavy load, gaming: Win 10 version 1909 OS build 18636.1316 Under heavy load, primarily when playing games, my laptop will enter a "sleep" state. It will momentarily black screen with a message that says "Locking", then the screen will shut off, and finally, after a few minutes, the keyboard and...
  7. Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to lock screen by itself during gaming: I am having a strange issue - my computer randomly goes to lock screen. I have automatic lock screen turned off It happens both when gaming (which is really annoying playing online) and when just using normally. It often happens a few times in a row (after I log back in each...
  8. Screen says "locking" during games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen says "locking" during games: When I was playing GTA and Rainbow Six Siege recently, the computer suddenly showed me a "locking" screen and it turned off my laptop. Is there a way to fix it? submitted by /u/rebornaxe01 [link] [comments]...
  9. flickering screen during game play

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    flickering screen during game play: on uploads from discs as well as downloads when I try to play games my screen flickers and rolls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-screen-during-game-play/73235c5b-8cda-4539-a4d7-e09df0cadb37
  10. Screen Flickering During Gaming

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen Flickering During Gaming: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've experienced cxonstant screen flickering during gaming. I can only really describe it as a weird fluctuation of brightness, in horizontal lines, up and down my monitor. On Counter Strike it seems to have been somewhat solved through V-Sync...