Windows 10: Lock Screen Image Is Wrong

Discus and support Lock Screen Image Is Wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this weird problem since installing the anniversary update: after each restart the lock screen no longer shows a Windows Spotlight image, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stupot65, Aug 20, 2016.

1. stupot65 Win User

Lock Screen Image Is Wrong

I have this weird problem since installing the anniversary update: after each restart the lock screen no longer shows a Windows Spotlight image, it shows my old Facebook cover photo which is argue and I hate it but I've been through all the settings and can't find a way to change it. Can anyone give us a hand?

:)

stupot65, Aug 20, 2016
  2. IsJustaGhost, Aug 20, 2016
  3. Kidneybot Win User
    Lock Screen image is blank on login

Okay, so this is kind of a weirdly specific minor issue and maybe a longshot, but here goes. I have an image set for my lock screen, just like I would my desktop wallpaper etc. But when I turn my computer
    on and login, my lock screen image is just a blank solid color, as if no image is set. But once I log in and start using my PC normally, my lock screen image appears like nothing's wrong when I hit WinKey+L. Any idea what could be causing this, or how to fix
    it?

Kidneybot, Aug 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 20, 2016
  5. stupot65 Win User
    Yeah, I looked at that and followed it but it didn't change anything so idk what to do now short of a refresh

stupot65, Aug 21, 2016
  6. dtoxic Win User
    Hi

Try this

go to Start type in "Regedit" and navigate to the following key

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Personalization]

after you are there delete these two keys if they are present (But first make sure you make a backup/Export the relevant key if something goes wrong just in case)

There should be something like Lock screen overlay key or something similar

Now you should be able to change the Lock Screen image trough "Setting>peronalization"

I had a similar problem and this solved it for me.

dtoxic, Aug 21, 2016
  7. stupot65 Win User
    I looked there but the folder for Personalisation doesn't exist...

stupot65, Aug 22, 2016
  8. dtoxic Win User

hmmm are you using Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update?

dtoxic, Aug 22, 2016
  9. stupot65 Win User
    Windows 10 Home Anniversary Update, The Build Number is 14393.82 if that helps?

stupot65, Aug 22, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It won't exist unless you had enabled the policy.

If you change your lock screen background to a picture, does it show?

Brink, Aug 22, 2016
  11. stupot65 Win User
    I'll just check but today when locked the screen shows a Windows Spotlight image. It still shows that awful picture on startup though. In the settings panel when I select picture it shows that picture but I have no idea where it's come from because I don't have a copy saved on my PC or OneDrive...

stupot65, Aug 22, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 22, 2016
  13. stupot65 Win User

The one called Lock screen.png is what Windows says it's supposed to look like. Capture.png is what is actually looks like when I turn it on

stupot65, Aug 22, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Do you have Settings set with the bottom Lock screen.png screenshot when the lock screen (not sign-in screen) shows the picture from the top screenshot?

Brink, Aug 22, 2016
  15. stupot65 Win User
    Yes but as far as I've been aware the lock screen image has always appeared on the start up screen, like it's never done this before and it still doesn't on my desktop which is set up in the same way

stupot65, Aug 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Lock Screen Image Is Wrong - Similar Threads - Lock Screen Image

2. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  3. Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Image: Hello. I have a silly question. On my new laptop, when powering on, or when the screen locked, I saw a nice landscape background. After one of the last Windows 11 updates, I now see a blue swirl background image. I tried to find where I could change the settings to resume the...
  4. lock screen images

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen images: How can I know the location of the images on the lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-images/bcfcb866-1912-4b76-8752-3c7ad9d874e6
  5. Lock Screen Image is Wrong.

Lock Screen Image is Wrong.: This is not the first time I have experienced this cosmetic issue with windows 10. It's like it has a mind of its own and it is a malevolent mind indeed. I select my desired image in the settings screen for the lock screen. The desired image shows there, but not in the...
  6. lock screen image

lock screen image: I can not change my lock screen image. it says, some of these settings are hidden or controlled by your organization. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lock-screen-image/07ce1f84-20f7-4187-a962-1fbf629e311c
  7. Lock screen image

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen image: Hi there I'm looking for information on a lock screen image, I was unable to take a print screen of it or photo of it but it's a derelict/ruin of a small building and it looks to be in a desert at night time, it is lit up with purple lights and the sky is a mix of purple and...
  8. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Im trying to set a personal photo as my lock screen, windows 10, lenovo 730, but it is expanding to fit the whole screen, making it a pointless picture. Is it possible to just set the photo sized as it is with a black background, so it isnt wide screen?...
  9. Lock screen image

Lock screen image: Hi again My HP notebook running the AU update... and so fr running well *Smile On occasions when I use the sleep mode and then open the lid to wake it I get a black screen with the clock/date on and a few icon, i.e wireless etc, nut missing the background image, when I...
  10. Name of image on lock screen image

in Windows 10 Support
    Name of image on lock screen image: Why doesn't Windows provide the location of the spotlight lock screen image? I really wish they would. Any one else see an image and wonder the physical location of the image? 42812