Windows 10: Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

Discus and support Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by binderjdm, Mar 20, 2016.

1. binderjdm Win User

Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del

Sometimes when I try to wake from sleep, the lock screen does not show up and I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to force to the login screen , not the lock screen. The login screen has name, profile picture and password.

:)

binderjdm, Mar 20, 2016

2. Black screen after log on windows 10

alt ctrl del is working. I am posting this from same computer but screen is black after log on. no desktop screen only black screen and mouse pointer but when I press alt ctrl del blue screen comes I can restart signout

my laptop is dell inspiron N5040

Junaid Ali Khan, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Dan27_11 Win User
    CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi there, whenever my PC crashes (mainly during games) and I try to CTRL ALT DEL, I get to a black screen with just a cursor and am forced to shut down my PC. Any way I can fix this?

Duplicate thread : Ctrl + Alt + Del Black Screen requires HDMI unplug/replug.

When my PC crashes and I try to Ctrl + Alt + Del I get a black screen. Unplugging the HDMI and putting it back in brings back my screen but this isn't great as my desktop icons rearrange. Is the a proper fix for the black screen issue? Thanks.

Dan27_11, Mar 20, 2016
  4. zanxion Win User

Has your OS been updated to the latest? I had the same problem and it just went away with the latest update.

zanxion, Mar 20, 2016
  5. binderjdm Win User
    1. I updated to the latest build. I updated yesterday with Windows Update.

binderjdm, Mar 20, 2016
  6. dencal Win User
    Open Settings, click on Personalization, then Lockscreen, click on Background to choose.

dencal, Mar 20, 2016
  7. binderjdm Win User
    I must make this to open the lockscreen.
    I tried the personalization solution.
    It seems to do this again.

binderjdm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Lock screen is black, has to use Ctrl-Alt-Del - Similar Threads - Lock screen black

2. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  3. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  4. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  5. Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding

Stuck on the Windows 10 Lock Screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL Not Responding: I have a user stuck on the Windows 10 lock screen. CTRL+ALT+DEL is enabled, but not responding. All he gets is a flash on the screen. We have tried multiple keyboards and I ran a startup repair, following steps 1 and 2 on...
  6. App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on

App activity when ctrl-alt-del screen lock is on: using Win10 education version when a user is logged on to a network, can apps that are in use still communicate out to the network when the user locks the screen with ctrl-alt-del to step away from their computer for a few minutes? 144964
  7. Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forced to use Ctrl-Alt-Del to login: Same issue as this locked thread. I cannot enter PIN, password, or swipe fingerprint until Ctrl-Alt-Del is pressed first. I've never been offered KB4464330, so I'm not sure if it solves the issue. Secure sign in is not enabled. Security Policy to disable was enabled, but no...
  8. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....
  9. Ctrl+Alt+Del

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ctrl+Alt+Del: When I start the computer it is locked. It is asking for Ctrl+Alt+Del to be entered. When I do this there is no response. I cannot get to the password entry; the keyboard doesn't respond. How do I fix this?...
  10. Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen, rapidly blinking cursor, no ctrl-alt-del: I am having a problem that- after the huge problem I had some weeks ago- have made me worried. My pc is a panasonic notebook running windows 10. It is connected to a power plug that is somehow special- I don't know if that is the problem or not. (the plug disconnects...